Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH (or swap): 2001-P 10c error (missing obv. clad layer) + 1914-postmarked Pan-Pac postcard

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

$65 or best offer for the coin (prefer to offer me a swap? see subsequent posts below).

*** Sale now pending on the postcard. ***

The postcard was mailed May 1, 1914, so obviously issued a year in advance of the Exposition.

Note the vintage airplane in the sky. (They probably would have still spelled it "aeroplane" back then.) A neat relic of the final days of peace before the WW1 powderkeg got lit in Sarajevo that summer.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

Interesting items.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

KOOL !!!

• Options

Bump- reduced slightly.

Would trade for common circ Morgan or Peace dollars I need for my Dansco set, if they match the grey-toned look I've got going with those.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

I live in Salem! Cool!

• Options
    edited May 31, 2018 4:36PM

OK, still no takers. Hmm.

Who wants to offer me a swap for one or both items, then?

What I could use:

• something medieval, or ...
    • something for my circ Morgan Dansco (linked above), or ...
    • something modern but pretty (attractively toned or DCAM proof. for example) in PCGS plastic with a TrueView (can be US or World), or ...
    • basic bullion, or ...
    • just name your own price on the stuff in the OP and run it by me.

LMK what you have.

• Options

Happy June, everyone!

Sale pending on the postcard. Error dime is still available. Make me an offer I can't refuse! :)

• Options

Hi I was curious if you might be interested in purchasing any error coins I've got tons and tons and tons I've been collecting errors and varieties about 7 years now I also have a pretty decent stamp collection postcards as well some pretty early stuff in the 19 teens in the 20s and 30s my stamps are a global collection some of my early stuff is probably 1870s up to the 1970s I have all kinds of antique and collectibles across the board so if you're interested message me 503-862-7586 we can go from there

• Options

@Blizake82 said:
    Hi I was curious if you might be interested in purchasing any error coins I've got tons and tons and tons I've been collecting errors and varieties about 7 years now I also have a pretty decent stamp collection postcards as well some pretty early stuff in the 19 teens in the 20s and 30s my stamps are a global collection some of my early stuff is probably 1870s up to the 1970s I have all kinds of antique and collectibles across the board so if you're interested message me 503-862-7586 we can go from there

Thanks, but I'm not really an error collector. I just have this piece and one other (an older British error) in my collection. Stamps I haven't done since the mid-1970s, when I was a kid. As soon as I discovered coins in 1976, I quit stamps, though they can be kind of neat. And old postcards are something I pick up now and again, if they're cheap and from my local area, or of numismatic interest, like the one above.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't collect errors, but just had to say hello @lordmarcovan :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Howdid you do the picture of your Roosevelt and to get the reflection below the pics

• Options

@1630Boston - hi backatcha! Hope you've been well.
    @blizake82 - I have Photoshop-wizard friends who help with that.