Home Sports Talk
Options

I met Dimeman today and the earth did not spin off of its axis

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 26, 2018 4:42PM in Sports Talk

I always figured that for the safety of others we should never be in the same time zone let alone the same room. Throwing caution to the wind we came face and face and nothing cataclysmic happened. So many times Ive wanted to reach through my monitor and shake some sense into him. Today we shook hands instead. It was good. Jon is a good dude. It was nice. I’m sure I will regret saying this within the fortnight.

Go Cowboys!!!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a chance I would ever truly judge a person by their sports talk here, I’ve clashed with total opposites in opinion on the anthem, sports icons ect.. and never hold a grudge. I actually type here exactly what I’d say to people’s faces.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was he wearing his Romo jersey?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2018 6:27PM

Meeting Dimeman would be a top selection in anyone's bucket list.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh goodie - at least two Cowboys fans for some good smack in the Fall. ;)

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

CSNS??

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:
    CSNS??

Yes

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@cecropiamoth said:
    CSNS??

Yes

Nice. No Schaumburg for me this year, work got in the way. Enjoy the show!!

JJ

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I always figured that for the safety of others we should never be in the same time zone let alone the same room. Throwing caution to the wind we came face and face and nothing cataclysmic happened. So many times Ive wanted to reach through my monitor and shake some sense into him. Today we shook hands instead. It was good. Jon is a good dude. It was nice. I’m sure I will regret saying this within the fortnight.

Go Cowboys!!!

m

So where's the return comment in this thread from Dimeman?

Perhaps who you met was only a Dimeman impostor? LOL

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

hmm. i would say pic or it didn't happen, but i saw Justa type Jason Whitten in another thread so he must have shaken dimeman's hand. that is a highly communicable disorder, but i'm not going to worry myself sick until i see things like Drew Breeze and Micheal Erving roll off of his fingers.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    hmm. i would say pic or it didn't happen, but i saw Justa type Jason Whitten in another thread so he must have shaken dimeman's hand. that is a highly communicable disorder, but i'm not going to worry myself sick until i see things like Drew Breeze and Micheal Erving roll off of his fingers.

The last thing DM said as I walked away was Stevie Knicks is a sweetheart. I swear

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@galaxy27 said:

The last thing DM said as I walked away was Stevie Knicks is a sweetheart. I swear

mark

unfortunately i can only increase your laugh tally by one

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@galaxy27 said:

mark

Had to be the real Dimeman...no impostor would dare know that. LOL

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2018 9:06AM

Sorry I took so long to respond to this post. I just got home late last night and saw this this morning.

Mark is telling the truth. We met and talked for probably 15 - 20 minutes. Would loved to have had more time! Mark is a great Dude also. Completely different than I had picture him sitting here behind the keyboard. It is so hard to tell "tone" when reading printed word...especially by me because I'm a poor writer and speller! :o

We actually agree on more things that are seen on the boards.

Sometimes I actually type before I think! :oB)

GREAT meeting you Mark...maybe we can sit and talk longer at FUN in Jan.

And yes, Stevie Nicks is a sweetheart.

• Options

Have you two announced your wedding date yet?

i'll send a nice gift...coin supplies of some sort. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

I was going to see if you and Grote wanted to double date with us. FYI I know a great couples therapist

m

• Options

@stevek said:

Hey Steve....I'm sure you are a cool Bud also. ;) Even though you are a Eagles fan. :)

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awwwws

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Awwwws

Color me stupid.........what does Awwwws mean??

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@DrBuster said:
    Awwwws

he thinks it's cute that everyone in this forum is dating each other.

frankly i'm starting to feel a little neglected, so i think i'm gonna rattle bronco's cage and see what he's doing next weekend

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@DrBuster said:
    Awwwws

he thinks it's cute that everyone in this forum is dating each other.

frankly i'm starting to feel a little neglected, so i think i'm gonna rattle bronco's cage and see what he's doing next weekend

Hey...come to FUN and we can all have a party! :oB)

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cecropiamoth said:
    CSNS??

It is a National Coin show called Central States Numismatic Society
    It was held this past w/e.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2018 6:06PM

• Options

Next time we will have to have someone take a pic. :)

Maybe Me and Mark and Steve and Keets can all meet at winter FUN coming up. Wouldn't that be GREAT! :o:)B)o:)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Maybe Me and Mark and Steve and Keets can all meet at winter FUN coming up. Wouldn't that be GREAT! :o:)B)o:)

You guys really get around. I usually just go to local coin and card shows once in a while.

I'm not independently wealthy like you guys with your private jets and such. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

You guys really get around. I usually just go to local coin and card shows once in a while.

I'm not independently wealthy like you guys with your private jets and such. ;)

Private jet! :o .....I drive to all the shows I go to! :) Come on Steve you can do it! I'm sure Philly isn't any farther from Orlando than it is for me here in IL.! :o

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

if there's one that's reasonably close that everyone's going to I would be in, I would even go so far as to arrange dinner and treat as long as the crowd isn't too big. :) we can all bring something "Numismatic" or "Sports Related" and have a little fun. if the ANA ever comes up to Pittsburgh again that would be cool, even better would be in Cleveland. CSNS has done Columbus in the past and I know a nice little Mexican joint not far from the OSU campus.

• Options

@keets said:
    if there's one that's reasonably close that everyone's going to I would be in, I would even go so far as to arrange dinner and treat as long as the crowd isn't too big. :) we can all bring something "Numismatic" or "Sports Related" and have a little fun. if the ANA ever comes up to Pittsburgh again that would be cool, even better would be in Cleveland. CSNS has done Columbus in the past and I know a nice little Mexican joint not far from the OSU campus.

I guess FUN is not close enough.