Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Los Angeles lakers warm up jersey from the 80’s

Tommylyons86Tommylyons86 Posts: 2

I have what I have been told is a game worn warm up jersey from the 80’s. From my basic uninformed research I think it is from a player from 81-84 Clay Johnson. I was given this as a gift from my neighbor about 15 years ago, he went on to tell me that he got it at a game from the 80’s. I don’t have any other information about it other than the pics. My main concern is the lettering on the back being off centered, doesn’t seem professional. But again I have no knowledge, I am asking for any help on determine authenticity and value of this item thank you in advance. I apologize one pic is upside down

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

very cool (too bad it wasn't Magic's)
    You may want to post it on the Game Used Forum site for opinions as well.
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

Just speculation, but is the reason it's offset because there used to be a C. before the Johnson? Just wondering if someone wanted to give the impression of it being Magic's. I would look closely for evidence that there was previously lettering on that left side.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't collect Bkb but do have BB jerseys and the numbers may work for you here.

Clay Johnson played '81-83 and his jersey number is 34 as seen on the tag.

It sure looks like someone may have taken the "C" off to deceive? May be.

The only thing I wonder? I would've guessed the "88" was for 1988 - but Johnson didn't play in '88 - so I'm not sure what that number refers to?

Mike
  • Options

The removal of the sea C. Makes a lot of sense I will definitely look closer to see if it had been removed or evidence that it was. Also the 88 definitely confused me as well thanks for the insight

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

you also may want to contact David Kohler, who is the President of SCP Auctions. David owns the largest Lakers memorabilia collection and can help out with the name, value, etc.

robbreport.com/paid-issue/david-kohler/

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Would you be willing to sell?

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've owned a few Lakers items and the tagging looks correct. I'm not an expert at all, but I think it's a Clay Johnson gamer. With that said, if you have any interest in selling it I'd have interest.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach