Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sealed 93 boxes - SP and Topps Finest!

Have had three factory sealed hobby boxes of 93SP since 93. Today just saw a PSA10 Jeter on EBay listing for $100,000. Of course odds of landing a 10 are slim. That's why I don't want to box break them. But man...who knew this set would call for such a premium 25 years later?! Who knows how much sealed boxes will go for in 5-10 years?

Have also had a sealed box of 93 Topps Finest for over 20 years. One is currently listed on EBay for $700. But they're extremely hard to find. Even more scarse than boxes of SP these days. Despite the value of the SP, I actually like the Finest box more for the impact it had on the hobby. That is why I don't box break. But that Nolan Ryan refractor...

Comments

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭

these cards have become sticky....lots of unopened packs have become solid bricks so your boxes might have jeters that are stuck to the other cards in the pack.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The crossed scratch by his foot is from my old scanner.

My son pulled this from a pack in 1993 - from the pack to a top loader.

At best a 7.

I'm not much of a gambler - I believe opening a box of SP just might be the crap shoot of the century?

Mike
  • Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

I have a 93SP pack put away some where. Hmmm

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought I read somewhere that the foil cards didn't stick? That would make sense as all the cards that I've had brick on me were glossy smooth. Of course, I'm pretty sure the back of the Jeter is glossy smooth so.... yeah.

Arthur

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

The Jeter card typically does not stick even when the other cards are a brick. I have pulled three Jeter RCs from packs the last couple years and none of them had surface damage. Two ended up being PSA 8s - thought one would be a 9 for sure but tiny bit of white on one corner cost me - and the other had a mangled corner.

I also have 3 unopened boxes which I bought for $500 a piece a couple years back. Pulling the Jeters from packs ,which I bought from BBCE, scratched the itch so I don't have any desire to open the boxes I have.

Robb

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    The Jeter card typically does not stick even when the other cards are a brick. I have pulled three Jeter RCs from packs the last couple years and none of them had surface damage. Two ended up being PSA 8s - thought one would be a 9 for sure but tiny bit of white on one corner cost me - and the other had a mangled corner.

I also have 3 unopened boxes which I bought for $500 a piece a couple years back. Pulling the Jeters from packs ,which I bought from BBCE, scratched the itch so I don't have any desire to open the boxes I have.

Robb

Get any lucky boxes with more than 2 jeters? I've heard of a legendary 4 or 5 in some. That would make the box worth busting every time imo. Although 1.5 is the norm and sometimes 0!

• Options
    rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

@fergie23 said:

Robb

Good info!

Also $500 a box yields you a profit already! Boxes are selling for $3-4K on EBay!