Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mike Tyson collectors -- know what these are?

I've had them for a while. Anyone know the year and issue so I could get them slabbed? Thanks in advance.

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both were purchased from foreign sellers. The phone card from Japan (they're not rare) and I think the green border one from the U.K. maybe?

Arthur

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

This will help you with the phone card. I believe it is the fourth one down on the list.

members.tripod.com/Martin_Bradford/boxing-phonecards.html

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

The left is an early 1990s Japanese phone card. It’s used because of the holes in it. Likely around 1992 or so when they stated printing bar codes on the front. 2-3 pop up per year at auction. He did a run of 3 I believe when he was a spokesman for Toyota.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< 1990s Japanese phone card >>>

Sure didn't bring Tyson much luck.

Japan is where Tyson got his arze kicked by Buster Douglas in one of the greatest heavyweight fight upsets of all time.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The green border one is 1999 Edigamma - Il Guinness Del Primati. It is a multi-topic set, including sports and non-sports. I have the #82 Pele card (sticker) from the 1999 Edigamma set that includes your Tyson. I don't have a full checklist compiled, though I believe I know someone who may.

It is a less common Edigamma set than 1997 Edigamma I Grandi - Campioni Dello Sport or 1998 Edigamma - I 100 Re del Calcio, but not overly difficult to find, relative to the usual foreign item market.

https://picclick.it/Album-Figurineil-Guinness-Dei-Primati1999edigammacompletoottimo-173249768708.html

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many thanks!

Arthur