Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Longest you have gone without a purchase

Man, I haven't bought anything since last November. Either I've been outbid or the Buy It Now price is just way too high.

Comments

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

if buy it now seems to high, just wait until the e bucks promo, that will knock it down to wholesale. longest time I waited to buy something is 3 weeks

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

I usually go about 4 to 6 months without a purchase.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been over three months for me as of now. Social Security just ain't what it used to be. Actually it never was.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once went 3 months.

Was taking a break.

Mike
  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

seven and a half years, Feb 2001 - July 2008 :D Technically wasn't doing any collecting / accumulating then LOL. Since a more full return to the hobby in Dec 2012....3 months, May-July 2014.

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Long break from the hobby from 1997 to 2005. Since then, probably a month at the most.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I highly doubt I’ve ever gone more than a week. Maybe during a vacation, but then I remember that my Snipe service (like rust) never sleeps.

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know for sure, in 2008 I was barely in the hobby. I only documented 14 new cards for the entire year, (less than what I got in the mail yesterday.) I did get more cards than that, but I wasn't good with my record keeping from 06-08. I do know, however, that I did not get a single new card in January 2012. Made sure to correct that and have gotten cards regularly ever since.

I actually keep track of when I get my cards to the day, and this year I'm getting at least one new card every day of the year, to celebrate my 30th year in the hobby. So far, so good...have added over 1100 cards this year so far, and it's a down year for me...I topped 10,000 new cards in each of the past three years.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018 8:19PM

4 to 6 weeks w/o a purchase...I need to slow down. My collection in high grade (85% 8.5 or better) is nearing completion of HOFs with a focus not only RCs but also cards throughout their careers that appeal to me. My collection is on Collector Focus for anyone who wants to view it. Monte's Monets thru the Eyes of Topps is the collection name...

mint_only_pls