Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on 2018 Topps Heritage set

I picked up what was advertised as the base set (cards 1-400) just for some fun and nostalgia. Very cool set and worth the $20 plus shipping.
My question is: What constitutes a base set? There are around 5 checklists but they all say "1st Series" and the last one lists cards through #500. Is the 'base' set 400 cards and the cards #400-500 a special series?

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

401-500 are short prints

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting all the SP's was both fun and tedious Daniel.

20 clams for the base set is a good deal IMO.

Tho, I believe people are realizing that Topps went nuts on the print run this year.

The last Master Set with all subsets went for under 300 bucks - that's a really good price for the buyer IMO.

Mike
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Tho, I believe people are realizing that Topps went nuts on the print run this year.

I agree with this 100%. I sold my master set with the 5 subsets and Target and Walmart decal set for $400 last week and I'm glad I did. I'm thinking I will be able to replace it in the next 6 months for about 1/2 that price if I decide to. I still have 6-8 base sets left with all of the stuff I ripped.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the help all. I really do like the retro sets. I love how the write-ups on the back are of the same writing style from back then. The cartoons are great too.

Daniel
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    Thanks for the help all. I really do like the retro sets. I love how the write-ups on the back are of the same writing style from back then. The cartoons are great too.

Me too Daniel.

And I have an idea that they're no longer doing the artwork on white file card-like material with pen and ink.

I'll bet they're done by computer somehow?

If not? When they put them up for sale? I'll be there!

Mike