Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A little late, but...

... I hope no one here purchased this pack with Montana showing, definitely homemade.

Sorry I couldn't warn the buyer sooner, just came across it viewing recently sold items.

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Generally a good idea to include substantiating evidence after making claims like that.

• Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭

Welcome to the boards. whether the rack is good or bad, Arsenal is correct, you need to tell us why you have that opinion.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks resealed on the end closest to the Montana, there should be more wrap extending beyond that seal. Compare to this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-TOPPS-FOOTBALL-GROCERY-RACK-PACK-TONY-DORSETT-TC-BACK-MONTANA-RC/263579834828

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no way to contact an Ebay bidder any longer like that and alert them. Ebay changed all that around a few years ago.

• Options

Sorry guys and thanks for the welcome, I've been reading for years and just finally signed up to post. But Larkin is correct-- the seal on the far end by the Montana is not good. Also, the individual cello packs in those racks are packaged like wax packs (as far as sheet collation). So all of the individual cellos in the grocery racks should at least be consistent. In this case, the Montana cello is the only one of the three that have the C/D cards on top.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Welcome, God of Packs

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 12:38PM

Welcome to the boards packGzeroD

Thanx for the heads up - for those who do collect these packs.

What's your first name?

Mike
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? welcome :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Doing well, thanks Stone and Brick (my nick is feeling kind of soft now). Frank is the name, packs are my game. I have opened way many more packs than I ever should have, so I do have some knowledge on the topic. But that's primarily just 70s and 80s football and basketball... used to dabble in baseball, but no longer.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx Frank.

Any stories with scans of rips - much welcomed buddy.

Mike
  • Options

Lots of stories I hope to eventually share, but none with scans (just memories). Most of my ripping experience occurred back as a teenager. My friend's father had a shop and we used to rip through a lot of material building sets for him. Mostly vending and wax, but some rack and he even got a hold of a few cut card cases for 80s football. But I do still buy packs to rip from time to time, not much into keeping them unopened.

Back to the original point of the thread, I see the same seller has a legit grocery rack (white label) with Montana on front. Obviously, with BBCE's blessing, this one is good-- but I can also confirm it's good from the cards showing. Happy bidding!