Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1991 Fleer 3-D Acrylic Cards

Does anyone have any information to share on the 1991 Fleer 3-D Acrylic Cards? As a Larry Bird collector, I see that his 1991 Fleer #8 card is showing up. Couple of PSA 9's have shown up on Ebay. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729

Comments

• Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Barry, the 91 Fleer acrylic cards were part of a wrapper redemption. If you sent in 3 wrappers from 91 Fleer, plus $4.99, you could request any 3D parallel card from the set. These 3D cards did not use linticular printing. They are actually made up of multiple layers of an acetate like material. You also received a display stand back from Fleer with the card. They are very thick cards. I never in my wildest dreams thought these things would ever get graded, but I was obviously wrong in that regard.

• Options

Thanks, Ray. Learning alot about these cards in the last few days. I should have known you would reply. I should have emailed you directly. As always, thanks for helping me out.

POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729