Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1933 Goudey Babe Ruth PSA 10

Looks like Memory Lane just added the #1 1933 Goudey Baseball set which includes a Babe Ruth #181 PSA 10, Lou Gehrig #92 PSA 10 and a #1 Benny Bengough PSA 9 to their registry. Didn't even know the cards existed in that grade ( all pop 1's ). With the Mantle PSA 9 going on now and this set coming up it looks like it's going to be a record breaking year.
https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/company-sets/1933-goudey/alltimeset/260125

Comments

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Gehrig PSA 10 was once in Donald Spence's Lone Star Collection before he retired it.

• totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Who? Ruth? I joke I joke. Spence is still alive. PSA did a story about him a few years ago for his Mantle and T-206 collection.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure wish there were some pics.

• TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    Looks like the Gehrig PSA 10 was once in Donald Spence's Lone Star Collection before he retired it.

Didn't Spence sell his collection to Thomas Tull? I notice some of the 1 of 1 cards that were in Spence's collection are being sold. The 1948 Leaf Warren Spahn PSA 10 that's in the Heritage auction was one of his. Maybe Tull is parting with some of his stuff.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure, I was just directly associating one with another. On a side note, I got a thrill when I sold something to Spence through eBay.

• PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Me too! Not that hard to post pictures to your registry sets and many others would love to see them. Increases interest in the hobby if people can see a once in a lifetime set. Don't get it.

• TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

@Piggs said:

@stevek said:

Me too! Not that hard to post pictures to your registry sets and many others would love to see them. Increases interest in the hobby if people can see a once in a lifetime set. Don't get it.

I'm pretty sure the set will be available in their upcoming auction and will post pics at that time.

• Jlondon71Jlondon71 Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone seen a pic of the 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #53 in PSA 9?

Mpminnium
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomi said:

@Piggs said:

@stevek said:

I'm pretty sure the set will be available in their upcoming auction and will post pics at that time.

Maybe I'll place an opening bid on it, which of course has no chance of winning, but at least then i can boast that I was involved in the bidding on a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth PSA 10. LOL