Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do you ever dream about baseball cards?

Last night, I had a dream about someone who was showing me a stick of butter where the wrapper around said butter had a baseball player on it. He said he had the stick of butter since 1972, always refrigerated.

I've had other dreams about cards, like chasing scarce issues, etc. but the butter thing was the weirdest.

Do baseball cards ever make an appearance in your dreams?

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

The butter thing is only weird if it was Jose Canseco's refridgerator ;)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the stick of butter slabbed and graded?

• Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

I used to and probably still talk in my sleep. In high school, my mom said she heard me talking in my sleep, negotiating a card deal.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

I've had some weird dreams. But none had to do with butter. :D

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I often dream that there are still cards from 1967 and 1969 Topps that I don’t have. The cards from 1969 are always first series cards that I’ve never seen before that have something missing from them—player’s name, card number, team name. Not errors or variations, just stuff missing.

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I have clearly found the right place to ask this question :)

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

i bet it was grade A's butter.

• Options

@mouschi said:
    I have clearly found the right place to ask this question :)

Great minds think alike. :)

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really didn't expect so many with similar experiences. Might be able to get a group rate thru a therapist?!?!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@stevek said:

There are different grades of butter. Don't give them any ideas about slabbing them please !

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Tanner ... have actually had a dream about going to a big box store and finding 60s and 70s packs on the shelf. When I went to pick them up and pay for them ... I woke up. Really sucked! HAHA. Yes, we are a strange group. But a fun one.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Salted or unsalted butter? I feel like this would severely impact the grade.

I dream about cards all the time. Whether they be very odd dreams about cards I recently bought/received, cards I've always wanted, or fabricating cards/designs/players, I feel like I wake up disappointed very often.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

When Mary and I went from TX to KY for a funeral, we had to leave the house unattended - it did have an "active" alarm tho.

Not once, but twice I dream that I get home, the front door is wide open and I'm cleaned out of "everything" I own.

And, I have had that dream every now and again without provocation.

Mike
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Yes. I recently drempt that a store opened up in my home town that had all kinds of cards I needed. In the dream I could walk to the store, in reality the location where it was is a river. Very disappointing to wake up from that one. I can still remember what the outside of the store looked like, there's not even a building that looks like it in town. Some of the cards and NASCAR diecast I remember from the dream don't exist in real life either.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 6:37AM

Bob--- FYI, if stuff is missing it is a variation or error card. In your case this would be like a nightmare

I have never dreamed of a baseball card but a few years back I received a large number of cards from a seller who included a set of Scream Queens I with the order. It was at least thought provoking. I would post some examples but they might cause me to "Carry On".

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I have a reoccurring dream about cards. I used to get in person autographs regularly and am pretty organized about it....in my dream I show up for a signing or game and I can't find the cards. I have a stack of hundreds of cards I don't need and am frantically sifting through them looking for the one I need, never finding it of course.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 7:24AM

This is where things get a little weird. Grown men asking other grown men about their dreams and how to interpret them. ;)

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Years ago I had this dream where somebody was chasing me and I ditched him when I climbed up a dark hill. I looked down to see why this hill was so dark and it was because the whole hill wasmade up of stacks of 1971 topps baseball rubberbanded in groups of 50 or so. I remember just sitting down and going through them and they were from the seventh and eighth series (!) and I didn't know any of them!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

It means we need a hobby. Oh, wait.... :wink:

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I once woke up so excited after dreaming about doing a "monster trade" that I told my wife, thinking I actually did it. She looked at me with a puzzled look and I realized it was just a dream. "You're nuts!", she said, and I knew she was right.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2018 1:05PM

And I'm the one they told me to see a phycologist. :D

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes have great dreams about acquiring great cards from dollar boxes or yard sales and then am super disappointed after I wake up.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Sigmund Freud would have read this thread, he may have quit the profession.

;)

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    If Sigmund Freud would have read this thread, he may have quit the profession.

;)

Sometimes a cigar box full of cards is just a cigar box.

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@thunderdan said:
    This is where things get a little weird. Grown men asking other grown men about their dreams and how to interpret them. ;)

This is now my new favorite gif!