Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

34 Goudey Gehrig Should I crossover

I have recently Acquired a 34 Goudey #37 that was graded a 40 by SGC (VG 3) ... My set is all PSA graded so I am thinking of regrading this one as a PSA card my questions are to some of the more experienced members are:

1.) Where do you think the card will grade out ?

2.) What is the safest way to remove the card from its slab?

I have attached scans front and back

Thanx Jeff

1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig #37
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Scan did not work-but SGC is considered by many to be at least the equal of PSA in pre 1950 material. It would probably grade the same. You have two choices-you can crack the card out of the case yourself. I have never done it with an SGC card. Somebody who has done it will probably post how. The second option is to send the card to PSA and put in writing that you will allow them to crack the card out of the case and grade it and they will not be liable if there are any damages.
  • Options
    brucemobrucemo Posts: 358
    You can crack an SGC case with a knife around the edges. It's mostly easy to do, but sometimes the plastic insert causes problems, so you have to be ready to deal with the thing. My web page talks about this a bit.

I can't see the scan either. If SGC says it's VG, what could PSA say it is? G at worst? This kind of stuff doesn't have SMR values, so it's kind of random what it's worth anyway.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com