Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

3 ancient coins, please help identify

the 3 coins were part of a collection I purchased.
However, I have absolutely ZERO idea what they are, if they are authentic and if so, what the value might be approx.
Thank you for your help and assistance.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're all cast fakes, sorry.

• coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018 4:32PM

A2: Hadrian Æ Sestertius. Rome, AD 125-128. HADRIANVS AVGVSTVS, laureate bust right, with drapery on far shoulder / COS III, Roma seated left on cuirass, with her right foot on a helmet, holding Victory and cornucopiae; shields behind, SC in exergue

A1: Trajan 98-117 CE AE Sestertius 107 AD Looks like Trajan and Hadrian combo
    Obv: Laureate Bust right, drapery on far shoulder. IMP CAES TRAJANO HADRIANVS AVG
    Rev: Trajan, in military attire, standing left, holding thunderbolt and spear, crowned by Victory standing left behind him, holding palm; SPQR OPTIMO PRNCIPI; SC below.

A3: DIVUS AUGUSTUS. Died 14 AD. Æ Sestertius . Rome mint. Struck under Tiberius, circa 22-23 AD. DIVVS AVGVSTVS PATER Radiate head left / S-C, Hexastyle temple with ornate conical roof surmounted by figure; calf and lamb standing on bases flanking.

Unlike gold and silver issues, Roman Imperial bronze coins contained less than the full nominal value in metal. Their value was supported by the decree of the Senate "Senatus Consulto" or SC.

They do look Cast regardless this is what they are representative of. Please have authenticated before selling if that is the intention.

all around collector of many fine things

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, thank you both..this educcation is much appreciated.
    Do I read you right that these are "tourist" issues?
    Not selling these. Will give them away in our coin club with full disclosure.
    Let somebody else worry about authenticity.

• @coinpro76 said:
    A2: Hadrian Æ Sestertius. Rome, AD 125-128. HADRIANVS AVGVSTVS, laureate bust right, with drapery on far shoulder / COS III, Roma seated left on cuirass, with her right foot on a helmet, holding Victory and cornucopiae; shields behind, SC in exergue

A1: Trajan 98-117 CE AE Sestertius 107 AD Looks like Trajan and Hadrian combo
    Obv: Laureate Bust right, drapery on far shoulder. IMP CAES TRAJANO HADRIANVS AVG
    Rev: Trajan, in military attire, standing left, holding thunderbolt and spear, crowned by Victory standing left behind him, holding palm; SPQR OPTIMO PRNCIPI; SC below.

A3: DIVUS AUGUSTUS. Died 14 AD. Æ Sestertius . Rome mint. Struck under Tiberius, circa 22-23 AD. DIVVS AVGVSTVS PATER Radiate head left / S-C, Hexastyle temple with ornate conical roof surmounted by figure; calf and lamb standing on bases flanking.

Unlike gold and silver issues, Roman Imperial bronze coins contained less than the full nominal value in metal. Their value was supported by the decree of the Senate "Senatus Consulto" or SC.

They do look Cast regardless this is what they are representative of. Please have authenticated before selling if that is the intention.

• For sale athentics coins

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you
    its an old post and coins are long gone.