Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS is not grading on site at Central States. Neither is NGC. Why ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    It's been in Chicago way too long!! :/

Great point! It was even so bad that last year I got a ticket mailed to me for getting on the tollway from the on ramp outside the convention center. :angry:

I still remember the last one in Milwaukee of all places that had business people walking to the convention center on their lunch break because it was right downtown. You aren't getting that at the location now.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody wrote estimating it's a $50K commitment. Even with show grading an absurd $150 vs. $50 normally, that's a lot of coins for break-even. One thing if there is a major mint release and they're going to get several 1000s - even at bulk rates. Let's just say I was at the ANA all three days and there was never a period I couldn't have approached NGC or PCGS with just a few minutes wait.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

@leothelyon said:

@UltraHighRelief said:
    @DIMEMAN said:

Are they going to be there to take submissions?

Yes.

Heck, you'd think they could bring the slabber, a couple of us could figure out the rest.

Leo :D

Or bring some of the coins that they've already been sitting on for forever and a day.

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    uscoinguyuscoinguy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

@Gazes said:
    If driving from Indy to Schaumburg--how is traffic near Chicago? Does the route take you away from the city?

Yes you would avoid the city going to Schaumburg - take 94 to 294 to 290 to 53. You will never get near downtown. Still the traffic going south after the show gets ugly so spending the night at a hotel would be a good idea. The drive in during the morning should not be too bad. Leaving the next day by about 1 PM should get you out of Illinois before the heavy traffic starts.

Always trying to learn more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file