Home Sports Talk
Options

12 hour surgery for Jim Kelly.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 29, 2018 10:54PM in Sports Talk

Damn.--

Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly underwent a 12-hour operation Wednesday to remove oral cancer and have his upper jaw reconstructed.

According to ESPN.com's Mike Rodak, Dr. Mark Urken said the surgery was a success: "We successfully removed Mr. Kelly's cancer from his upper jaw and lymph nodes from his neck. We then reconstructed his upper jaw. Mr. Kelly is resting comfortably post-operatively."

Per Rodak, the former Buffalo Bills signal-caller is expected to remain in the hospital for two weeks following the surgery.

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's hoping for the best for Jim.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of wish that he had won a Super Bowl.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always liked Kelly and those early 90's Bills teams. Very exciting to watch. I thought they had super bowl XX in the bag. Routing for #12

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

My brother had similar surgery about ten years ago. Horrible. Hoping Kelly makes as full a recovery as possible.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph