Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The oddest place to find a sportscard

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I work for the local electric coop in western Kentucky. This afternoon I was reconnecting a meter at a rundown mobile home, and as I was walking toward the meter my eye caught something on the ground. I looked down and what do I find...... A 1995-96 Topps Stadium Club David Benoit. Since it has been raining a lot here lately, the card was soaked. It looked like the sun had faded it so it has probably been there a while. I say it would get a PSA 1....or a Pro 9.

I couldn't help but take a picture!

20180328_164136

Shane

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shane,

That is an unusual place to find a sports card, but today I would say the oddest place to find a sports card would be attached to the fork of a bicycle so it would make a motorcycle sound as it hit all the spokes on the tire.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't help but take a picture!

Woulda done the same Shane.

What? Wasn't #311?

Those are usually found under the dryer.

Mike
  • Options

I work for an electric coop in Missouri. Nice to see a fellow coop employee who also enjoys card collecting!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid I found a 1989 topps Rickey Jordan some kid had left in our bunks on the first day of summer camp. Jordan was a hot prospect then and I thought I had won the lottery. oh to be 12 again.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Maybe whoever left it there is the same person who was creating the blue 1958 Aarons. Maybe that is his work shop.

When I have cards I do not want or can not use but just can't bring myself to throw away ( and they are too old to be of interest to current kids, for example I received a bunch of 1990 Donruss cards as packing in an order of Heritage cards)) I stick them in a neighbors mailbox or mail them to someone I know....like Bob...marked Extremely Rare Non Aqueous.

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    JerseyJoeJerseyJoe Posts: 460 ✭✭

They moved a cabinate in a store my grandmother worked at about 20 years ago. She found and brought me a 1959 topps baseball cello.

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because it's trust is not in the branch but it's own wings.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018 10:26AM

A few years back, I was doing an out of state move and prior to moving I was going through childhood toys and found a 1992 Upper Deck Cal Ripken mixed in with a “Chutes and Ladders” board game lol...it was beat to heck, but thought it was cool to find...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

found a 1988 topps Willie Fraser in a squirrels nest when we were cleaning up our yard .. or well 1/2 a card anyways..

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

My sister had her kitchen reworked and a 1957 Parhurst hockey card was found in-between the walls