Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2017 BOWMAN's BEST

What year did 'refractor' become pretty much par for the course ? This has no less that 40% refractors in it.

Mini Box One:

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2018 12:05PM

I think that's a pretty decent haul. Personally, I lilke the Bowmans Best, especially the throwback 1997 best cuts looking inserts.

Sauer included "random numbers" because its a bible passage. a lot of people do that. I have a Howard Johnson signed ball from the 80's with one too.

You looking to sell/trade the Gleyber Torres auto or the Chapman /50?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

I don't believe I have any Goldschmidt unfortunatly!! is there anything or anyone else you collect? I would very much appreciate the Chapman. Would also be very interest in the Torres Auto as well. Perhaps I can find something fair to offer you in return for both?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Well thats mighty decent of you. I'll PM you my address later. If you can come up with something you think you would trade the Torres for, please let me know.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2018 6:05PM

What year did 'refractor' become pretty much par for the course ? This has no less that 40% refractors in it.

Hi - what's your first name?

Not sure about using the word "par" - but to the best of my knowledge - the "Refractor" was introduced in 1993 with the Topps Finest brand. They got so hot - so fast - that packs were selling for 20 bucks per - which was outrageous coin back then.

I'm not familiar with Bowman Best - but I'm guessing all the cards are "chrome" in type? Like Topps and Bowman Chrome?

If so - they're going to insert at a certain "rate" - the Chrome "Refector?"

This is just a guess - since - like I said - I've never opened a pack of B Best.

Check the back of a wrapper - it should give you the details.

Mike
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2018 8:58PM

Bowmans Best has regular base cards, then a base refractors and then the usual rainbow of refractors on top of that. just like tops chrome and bowman chrome. I think they are all somewhat on chromium stock though.

myslabs.to/smzcards