Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

KSA Authentication = CRAP!

billt2billt2 Posts: 15

This is my first time posting here, as I feel I need to post this somewhere and make collectors aware...

I have now used KSA Authentication twice, and after the first time, I was suspect of a few items, which I thought should have passed. I've also read that their knowledge of non-hockey autographs was limited, but of course, they completely denied that.
I decided to give them a second try, and this time I purposley gave them a couple of items I KNEW were real (I got them in person), and guess what? They both came back un-authentic!
What really pisses me off is that this is a company that SPECIALIZES (or claims to) in authenticating autographs, yet they are obviously not qualified! What a rip-off!

Tagged:

Comments

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

which is why we normally use PSA for these things

myslabs.to/smzcards

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Why did you use KSA unless you are in Canada?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we have to realize that when "authenticating" and item, we are really only paying for an opinion. those opinions can be correct or incorrect. no matter how good the authenticator is, they can still be wrong. The only autos I collect are those I get in person. Unfortunately, that keeps me away from the cool stuff like cobb and ruth. I know that I would always have that lingering doubt if I purchased deceased HOF autos even if they were "authenticated"

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• @secretstash said:
    Why did you use KSA unless you are in Canada?

I am in Canada.

• @craig44 said:
    I think we have to realize that when "authenticating" and item, we are really only paying for an opinion. those opinions can be correct or incorrect. no matter how good the authenticator is, they can still be wrong. The only autos I collect are those I get in person. Unfortunately, that keeps me away from the cool stuff like cobb and ruth. I know that I would always have that lingering doubt if I purchased deceased HOF autos even if they were "authenticated"

I totally understand that, and I have been collecting a long time. But to get some BLATANTLY incorrect is not acceptable. It makes me feel like I can do a better job than them, and you know what, I probably can.

And when I look at the autographs of mine that I knew were real, and I compared them to other real ones, I can't even figure out what the heck they saw that made them think they were not authentic. And their certificates are generic and vague, so if they're going to tell me they think my autograph is fake, at least explain why.

And it's not just me, I've heard this quite a bit about KSA when it comes to autographs. Maybe they need to stick to grading cards, and stay away from authenticating autographs.

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, there have been a few KSA-graded Bobby Clarkes in the past that I've passed on -- but wanted badly -- specifically because I don't trust their authentication, and more so because I want every Clarke card in a PSA holder. I wasn't about to test the crossover game, either.

Andy

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

I had no idea that KSA offered autograph services. That's news to me. Given their track record of egregious overgrading, they certainly would not be my first choice for any type of authentication.

• And I know of someone else who just had a few items also deemed as "un-authentic" by KSA, and now the collector is upset with the supplier, even though the supplier (who I know) is very reputable, and has been around for decades.
    It's almost insulting.

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Hi i crossed over many cards to PSA from KSA and had mixed results some came back downgraded a little and some a lot KSA does not downgrade for O/C cards or wax stains look online and there are mint Bobby Orr rookie cards but they were cut from sheets.