Home Sports Talk
Options

Golden State looks like toast this year.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the premium names of course, but getting healthy and tight is another matter.

This will be the year of the beard.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

GS is still better than Houston. IMHO. B)

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be a great series. As of now I would give a slight advantage to Houston.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

...another brick in the wall.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2017-2018 Warriors team has not come close to the performance level of the Warrior teams from the past three years.

If the injuries to the four All Star players on the team heal by the time the playoffs arrive and if they can "flip the switch" to play on both ends of the floor they way that they have played in prior years they could make it back to the finals and play for another title.

If the injuries do not heal and if they can not "flip the switch" I would expect to see the 2017-2018 Warriors make an early playoff exit. I expect that any Western Conference team the Warriors play in rounds 1, 2 and 3 of the playoffs will not be swept like last year. Multiple 7 games series would likely happen.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I still think they are the favorites to win it all in Vegas, no!? That's just a guess on my part. The Warriors could almost be the "underdogs" this year. Lol. As long as Steph comes back they'll be fine. I expect them to win another championship this year.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2018 7:05AM

I have said for years, across all sports, that the healthy Team is the Team that wins.

in that regard, Golden State has been very fortunate. they have been able to be injury free for most of the past three seasons. certainly there have been times when a player was out for a brief stretch, but nothing severe. this season has been very different. when they won the first Championship against Cleveland it was due to the fact that Kevin Love had a broken arm and in the Finals Kyrie Irving was lost in the 3rd or 4th game. last year I don't think they'd have made it past San Antonio without that injury to Kahwi Leonard. they were down by almost 30 points before that injury and had no answer for him.

this is the year of the injury across all Teams. it will be interesting to see who can get healthy at the right time and play well.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been injuries all season long that have sidelined many of the best players in the league. Starting in Boston on opening night when Gordon Hayward went down in the first 5 minutes of the game. Out for the year.

If the playoff teams this year enter the playoffs with healthy rosters the games in all four rounds in both conferences should be really fun to watch. If star players remain injured, then some of the higher seeds could well make early exits.

I look forward to seeing how Cleveland does in the playoffs this year. Even if the team has not jelled (post trade) I still think that LBJ, by himself, could lead his team back to the finals. He is that good.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    I still think they are the favorites to win it all in Vegas, no!? That's just a guess on my part. The Warriors could almost be the "underdogs" this year. Lol. As long as Steph comes back they'll be fine. I expect them to win another championship this year.

Correct. They are still big favorites to win it all. Odds as of 3/24:

Golden State Warriors: -125 (bet $125 to win $100)

Houston Rockets: +200

Cleveland Cavaliers: +850

Toronto Raptors: +1,000

Boston Celtics: +1,800

Oklahoma City Thunder: +3,000

Philadelphia 76ers: +4,000

Portland Trail Blazers: +4,000

San Antonio Spurs: +6,000

Washington Wizards: +6,600

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Don't like the LeBron team but I like the LeBron price.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2018 12:19PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Don't like the LeBron team but I like the LeBron price.

Me too. A lot

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......