Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Looking for very low cost RARE and scarce US and Canadian Coins? look no further.. OMG...

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 27, 2018 7:23AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112895002287?ul_noapp=true
scroll to the bottom of the page....
How blunt can one get???
all chinese fakes.. and I am sure Feebay is aware of this seller...
How long do you guys think he will be in business?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2019 4:26AM

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

the NFL and possible other Canadians are Illegal to possess, never mind sell.
    still legal currency in Canada. Feebay is aware of the laws and does nothing!

• tonedSilvertonedSilver Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Wow some of these coins are very deceptive. I’m beginning to worry more about the quality of fakes and what it might do to our hobby as fakes get better.

• The fakes are getting better. Recently found that 8 raw coins in my top shelf album were fake (Australian pre decimal silver). Worse yet is that a number of fakes from the same dies have been slabbed by both NGC and PCGS. One was recently listed on Heritage for an upcoming auction but they pulled it after they were contacted and advised that it was fake.
    The 8 fakes were purchased from Canada over a period of over 3 years and cost me about 1500USD. Matching fakes have also been on fleaBay from a seller in Europe. So the problem is not just sleezeBay but the lack of action by Canadian and other police.
    I was contacted just a few days ago by a prominent Australian collector about some coins. One is so good that neither he nor a long time dealer can determine if it is genuine or not (and this guy has access to equipment like XRF machines and a massive reference collection). It is possible that the fakers have developed perfect undetectable fakes and only the rise in numbers in population reports will indicate this.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO, it is fleebay who "unknowingly" tolerates the listings of fakes, all in the name of "huge profits".
    the do not exercise common sense by understanding that a gold coin worth hundreds is being listed at $5.
    i guess one of their excusesor hiding places in favor of profits could be that their employees in some rain forrest country do not "speaka de enlais". or whichever language and are not able to understand Feebays own rules.
    Further, individual countries police forces do not have the funds to pursue a couple of fakes, as it is too labour intense and it is a lot more profitable to hand out a parking ticket.
    I have complained about the subject listing to Ebay 3 days ago. it is still up! :/
    I rest my case.
    I guess I will soon have to tell my horror story. However, i would need to have permission from our host first as it involves another Forum in a very involved and interesting way. But, it is a nearly unbelivable absolutely true horror story with even more interesting and rather serious consequences.