Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Thor the fastest pitcher of all time?

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

we all know that Chapman was recorded at 105 mph and other one inning relievers have been clocked at over 102mph. but Thor consistently throws 100-101 and it is easy gas. if he were to be a one inning pitcher and not have to hold anything back do you think he could hit 106? I think it is altogether possible. I think Ryan and randy johnson could be in the same boat. if they could let it all go for just one inning, i think they could also throw harder than chapman. I am not sure i am ready to put Syndergaard above Ryan just yet, but he could be very close.
what do you think?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the hammer moves at the speed of a lightning bolt when thrown

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sidd Finch.

Steve

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope his arm holds up for a full season.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    Sidd Finch.

Steve

Beat me to it.

:)

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

I think pitchers throwing at max effort 100% of the time has lead to the influx of Tommy john surgeries of late.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@grote15 said:

I think pitchers throwing at max effort 100% of the time has lead to the influx of Tommy john surgeries of late.

No doubt about it. Also, with winter leagues, etc, guys are pitching all year round now. Years ago there was actually an off season.

Throwing hard is the best way to get noticed by scouts.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.