Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Baltimore WINTER show...

AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else had to cancel plans for Baltimore this week due to the weather?

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll stop snowing by early morning Thursday, or even earlier. I live on the East Coast and have been following the developments intently. A friend actually drove there one day earlier than planned. He called me yesterday early evening to ask about my plans, then rushed off the phone because it had already started to snow where he is. Another person is planning on driving there starting at dawn on Thursday.

But, many dealers like to get in Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning for pre-show warm up and lobby leeching. The snow will impact that.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first day of Spring:

The second day of Spring:

And this is Southwest Virginia. And, it's still snowing. Schools are closed. Supposedly another couple inches still to come. On the other hand, it's pretty warm and it's not likely to stick for long. I wouldn't want to drive today, but tomorrow might be fine...I suspect there will be some impact.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there Saturday.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't nearly as bad as predicted! I believe the only concern now would be black ice off the beaten path. The city streets were not well maintained yesterday when I arrived a little after 12. By 6 the streets were clear and most of the sidewalks. They were very busy spreading the melt stuff on the sidewalks! I sailed right on through until I crossed the drawbridge. Even coming into DC wasn't too bad especially considering most of the time traffic was only using 2 lanes! I was so glad they closed the Govt. yesterday! People in Md. didn't listen as there was a ton of traffic and slush ruts usually 8 inches deep if you wanted to change lanes.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

HOW can you even_ TELL _when they close government?! ;)