Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Royal Mint to USPS dilemma...Received.

KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 27, 2018 10:28AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I've ordered from Royal Mint several times and never had problem of missing mail (a little nervous whenever their en route to me). This time my order of Proof Blackbull of Clarence and a couple of clad has been en route since the 6th of March. Left Royal Mint on the 6th, got to San Francisco USPS on the 9th and has been in limbo or on it's way to next USPS destination since the 12th (been tracking and documenting) Should I be worried and start calling USPS or Royal Mint or my credit card? Even filled up a missing mail thru USPS but they emailed me and could NOT find the parcel and needed more info or alternate tracking #. Should I wait.......?

Speaking of USPS, I signed up with their new "Informed Delivery" free service, it's kind of neat. I get an email of a picture of my incoming mail (for today all 5 of them mostly junk mail but I also know I have 5 small parcel coming in) or you can log in to your USPS account and see the picture on your account.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestion anyone might have.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd chill, sometimes they run a bit late....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 weeks; then worry.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

I would not worry yet. I only had two packages like this go to "In transit" with no updates for a month and then miraculously show up in the mailbox. One of them was from Germany and an expensive coin so was very much worried for a month.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be too worried !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a non-numismatic item shipped from Europe that has been in SF since Jan 23rd.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

Thanks for comments and/or advised. This morning USPS finally updated status from "March 12th in transit to next facility" to March 24th 1149pm left Los Angeles Distribution Center and today March 25th "In Transit to Next Facility". Hopefully it will be deliver tomorrow....................

• Options
    sarikanairsarikanair Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Dont worry...Sometimes it runs late.

• Options

Thanks to all, I received the items yesterday.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope people with reservations about time shipping from Europe take a look at this post! Good on getting your goods!

What size and metal proof did you end up with?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.