Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone have details of the illness of Tyrone Lue?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully nothing serious.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2018 3:15PM

Pasted:

"I have had chest pains and other troubling symptoms, compounded by a loss of sleep, throughout the year. Despite a battery of tests, there have been no conclusions as to what the exact issue is."

Lue has also been coughing up blood, team sources told ESPN's Dave McMenamin.

My comments:

The doctors evidently have found no diseases such as cancer or anything else. That tells me that his problems could very well be diet related.

I am a firm believer that most health problems not caused by old age or disease can be cured or certainly diminished thru proper diet.

Most doctors, almost all of them, have no interest in prescribing healthy diets such as organic food and drink, vitamins, various herbs, etc to their patients. They'd rather just prescribe drugs for any ailments and move on to the next patient.

Lue is only 40 years old. My educated guess based on a lot of reading about healthy diets, is that a proper diet and other changes could get him back to good health again.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't about him but I had the type A flu this winter was coughing for over a month after and coughed up blood for about a week. Fever of 103 chills weakness throwing up etc . Pile the stress and anxiety of coaching an NBA team on that and that might be it.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Pile the stress and anxiety of coaching an NBA team on that and that might be it.

that would be my guess right there. Coaching the best player in the world along with all of the good/bad media attention that comes with it has to wear on you after awhile. Could possibly be an ulcer,hopefully its nothing more serious.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it is all stress related.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

"I have had chest pains and other troubling symptoms, compounded by a loss of sleep, throughout the year. Despite a battery of tests, there have been no conclusions as to what the exact issue is."

My comments:

The doctors evidently have found no diseases such as cancer or anything else. That tells me that his problems could very well be diet related.

I am a firm believer that most health problems not caused by old age or disease can be cured or certainly diminished thru proper diet.

Most doctors, almost all of them, have no interest in prescribing healthy diets such as organic food and drink, vitamins, various herbs, etc to their patients. They'd rather just prescribe drugs for any ailments and move on to the next patient.

Lue is only 40 years old. My educated guess based on a lot of reading about healthy diets, is that a proper diet and other changes could get him back to good health again.

I agree 100%. Most folks though would rather pop a pill, washed down with a cheeseburger than change their eating habits.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know any more than what's been said, but I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

My comments:

I agree 100%. Most folks though would rather pop a pill, washed down with a cheeseburger than change their eating habits.

And those pills often have side effects.

I don't disagree with the comments about "stress" but I think the doctors would have mentioned that if it was the leading factor. Certainly Lue has a stressful job, that is a given...and btw a healthier diet along with the many benefits that brings to the body, a healthier body enables us to handle stress better.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

My comments:

a healthier body enables us to handle stress better.

I drink carrot juice before posting on the sports forum.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

My comments:

Posting on Sports Talk is far more stressful than coaching an NBA basketball team.

Particularly against Cowboys and Mets fans. ;)

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if he smokes cigarettes.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

My comments:

Posting on Sports Talk is far more stressful than coaching an NBA basketball team.

Particularly against Cowboys and Mets fans. ;)

The Annual College Football Thread has caused more ulcers, high blood pressure and gas then NASA Control during Apollo 13

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......