Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Topps Heritage Red Ink Auto Issue...

For some Topps heritage photos that are dark ~ the
red ink does not appear readily and really diminishes the effective auto.
This likely undercuts the card appeal and therefore value..... Shouldn't Topps adjust to this? Perhaps realizing Carlos needs the light Astros uniform for this frame....

Comments

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2018 10:33PM

~ for this photo perhaps a gold ink would be more appropriate.....as it might trump the background color. ~ And make America great again....:)

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2018 8:09PM

Red ink is maybe the worst color to get autographs in, as it is notorious for fading.

I have gotten some autographs (like Johnny Bench and Pete Rose) in red ink (both sharpie and ball-point) on Gateway and other commemorative envelopes, and they are fine (as the ink can soak in to the paper). I have had bad results on everything else signed in red, especially baseballs, as the ink fades away, in many cases, disappearing completely.

Steve

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if some of those older red ink Heritage autos. will suffer from a fading fate as time goes on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    I wonder if some of those older red ink Heritage autos. will suffer from a fading fate as time goes on.

That's my big worry with them, and why I will never buy any of them.

Steve

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

This likely undercuts the card appeal and therefore value..... **Shouldn't Topps adjust to this? Perhaps realizing Carlos needs the light Astros uniform for this frame....

That makes too much sense! That would require Topps to do some pre planning work and I think we all know that's not how they run things!

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I have red inks that were signed 17 years ago. The ink isn't going anywhere. If you store any signed card under light it will fade. Topps doesn't really care about how well the signature pops. For heritage it will always be red and blue. Consider yourself lucky if the card you are chasing also looks good.

W