Home Sports Talk
Options

Any interest in the Indians?? I think this may be the year!!!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this may be the year for "it" to finally happen, for the beloved Cleveland Indians to win a World Series. It would be ironic if they did in the final year for the Chief Wahoo logo to be on their uniforms. Are there any Tribe fans out there who want to discuss the Team's play during the year??

Stay tuned.........................

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to see them as World Champs for the second time in my lifetime.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2018 5:02AM

@keets said:
    I think this may be the year for "it" to finally happen, for the beloved Cleveland Indians to win a World Series. It would be ironic if they did in the final year for the Chief Wahoo logo to be on their uniforms. Are there any Tribe fans out there who want to discuss the Team's play during the year??

Stay tuned.........................

Al H.

I hope they do it......just because of the logo thing! Management should be embarrassed for caving in to the stupid PC thing!!!!!!!

• Options

I agree but think that MLB has really been pressuring the Team for a number of years. the owners may effectively have had no(t much) choice. the interesting thing will be the All-Star Game, I believe in 2019. Chief Wahoo will raise his not-so-ugly head.

• Options

@keets said:
    I agree but think that MLB has really been pressuring the Team for a number of years. the owners may effectively have had no(t much) choice. the interesting thing will be the All-Star Game, I believe in 2019. Chief Wahoo will raise his not-so-ugly head.

:):):):):)B)B)

• Options

about 10 days to go................... :)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018 1:51PM

The good news for Cleveland is their post season ticket is probably close to automatically being punched by virtue of their division. The Central as a division looks even more weak then in years past. Here are the projected amount on wins for 2018 on March 25

Cleveland 94.5
    Minnesota 82.5
    Kansas City 71.0
    Detroit 68.5
    White Sox 68.0

The good news for the 3 really weak teams in the Central division is they get to play each other 19 times.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

things change quickly, Mark. you shouldn't be disappointed in the Tigers as much as you should be disgusted with the Team management. those guys should be arrested on charges of malfeasance --- they can share a prison cell with the Browns Front Office. everyone but them seemed to see the Tigers getting old and slow while they lost or traded all the guys they should have kept. it goes back to Curtis Granderson and maybe earlier.

it may sound strange to hear, but maybe two years ago they should have dumped Martinez and Cabrera while keeping the pitchers they let go. hitting is much easier to find than pitching which is where the Tigers are in trouble. we will see how things go in the Icebox known as Progressive Field these next few days.

Baseball is a funny game. I don't worry much about the month of April and fast/slow starts, do you?? August and September have a way of making me forget about the early season record. if the Tribe comes out of April somewhere around 17-12 I will look at it as a good sign.

• Options

if you can watch the Indians vs. Tigers game right now you should, Corey Kluber is pitching a gem. he's got 10K's through five and his pitches are really moving. it's a joy to watch.

• Options

Kluber is a beast.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

and the Indians win another low-scoring game against Detroit, 2-1 while the Red Sox are absolutely smokin' the Yanks in Fenway. meanwhile, the Boston fans are making New York feel welcome with a "Yankees suck" chant.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2018 5:36AM

the Tribe finally manages to score a few runs!!!

for anyone who didn't watch or read about this game there was a very scary moment early on. Detroit's starting pitcher, Jordan Zimmerman, was struck in the face by a batted ball from the 2nd hitter he faced. fortunately, it looked much worse than it actually was and he is OK, no concussion or broken bones, just a nasty "contusion" as reported during the game. ironically, the Indians opposing pitcher, Carlos Carrasco, has been struck twice. he was hit similarly in the face and on another occasion suffered a broken bone in his hand.

think about it, you're off balance, around 55ft. away and that pill comes back at over 100mph!!!

• Options

@keets said:
    the Tribe finally manages to score a few runs!!!

for anyone who didn't watch or read about this game there was a very scary moment early on. Detroit's starting pitcher, Jordan Zimmerman, was struck in the face by a batted ball from the 2nd hitter he faced. fortunately, it looked much worse than it actually was and he is OK, no concussion or broken bones, just a nasty "contusion" as reported during the game. ironically, the Indians opposing pitcher, Carlos Carrasco, has been struck twice. he was hit similarly in the face and on another occasion suffered a broken bone in his hand.

think about it, you're off balance, around 55ft. away and that pill comes back at over 100mph!!!

I have always thought that the pitcher is the most vulnerable player on the field of a batted ball. It's a wonder more aren't seriously hurt because of this.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time this happens Herb Score comes to mind.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Herb was a fixture in Cleveland baseball for years after his career on the mound ended, one of the better announcers I have listened to.

Cleveland finished a sweep of Detroit today in warm weather. after playing games this week in the 30's and 40's they played in a balmy 70 degrees this evening, at least to start. the warmth showed in improved hitting from both sides and fans in short sleeves instead of mukluks and mufflers!!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Every time this happens Herb Score comes to mind.

+1

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

I'm sure they like playing in 70's better than 30's......I know I would. :)

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    The good news for Cleveland is their post season ticket is probably close to automatically being punched by virtue of their division. The Central as a division looks even more weak then in years past. Here are the projected amount on wins for 2018 on March 25

Cleveland 94.5
    Minnesota 82.5
    Kansas City 71.0
    Detroit 68.5
    White Sox 68.0

The good news for the 3 really weak teams in the Central division is they get to play each other 19 times.

mark

As of now the AL Central standings

Cleveland 18-19
    Minnesota 16-18
    Detroit 15-21
    Kansas City 13-25
    Chicago 9-26

I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Justacommeman said:

Cleveland 94.5
    Minnesota 82.5
    Kansas City 71.0
    Detroit 68.5
    White Sox 68.0

mark

As of now the AL Central standings

Cleveland 18-19
    Minnesota 16-18
    Detroit 15-21
    Kansas City 13-25
    Chicago 9-26

I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad

mark

Wow...the division leader under .500!

• Options

Cleveland made a mistake in letting Brian Shaw sign elsewhere. that missing part coupled with the injury to Andrew Miller has meant the back of the BP is bad right now. that was evidenced in losing a series to the Yankees in which they were ahead but lost all three at the end, I think two in the ninth inning.

the irony is that early on they weren't hitting and the pitchers were lights out, now it's the opposite, the Team is hitting but the BP is losing the games.

• Options

That is true. They couldn’t hit a lick the first 20 games but their starting pitching was good. Now the opposite. Hitting good and pitching in general not so much. A funny game. I hadn’t checked the standings in a long while as my Tigers are really bad this year. I was shocked to find them 2.5 games out of first. :#

m

• Options
    edited May 12, 2018 11:36AM

MLB is a long season. as well as Boston was playing early on as the Yankees struggled --- the Teams have identicle 26-12 records and I think they are 3-3 vs. each other. all this while Cleveland is around .500 at this point. it is a safe bet that all three Teams will finish from 90-95 wins and headed for the playoffs.

in a nutshell, the season isn't won in April/May, it's won in August/September. look at what NYY did last year during those months, almost enough to carry them to the WS.