Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Paper loss

I am trying to figure out what is considered paper loss and will get my card graded super low. I have a Casey Stengel card that has a tiny mark on the right edge. I don't know if this is considered paper loss or not. The mark is the only imperfection I can find in the card. Centering is perfect, edges and corners are great. I was planning on getting the card graded and hoping for an 8 or higher but now that I found this I am really afraid of paper loss. It is so small though and I just don't know what is considered paper loss and what isn't. Thanks here is the scan of the front.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be some damage caused by a rubber band. If that's what it is, and/or an indentation of some sort...it normally knocks a card such as this down to a 6.

Some cards back then actually had chipping right out of a fresh pack...that's what it could be, and i'm not sure how the grader would factor that in?

Any "paper loss" could of course be considered paper loss, but usually paper loss on a card refers to a scuff mark of sorts caused by kids flipping and playing with the cards on asphalt or concrete, then picking the card up, the card rubs against the hard surface and creates a scuff of paper loss - that isn't what happened here.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I can't say that it won't have a significant impact, but I can say it wouldn't keep me from subbing.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card, can't tell if it's paper loss.

Send it in!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lower right vertical border where some white indents on the blue may be a factor as well. Few marks below the Eagles wings on the blue field. Print dot to left of yellow banner. May we see the reverse? Nice card BTW.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".