Home Sports Talk
Options

If Tiger Woods wins another Major....................

2»

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2018 6:18PM

now that i have had my fix of don west, i can answer the op's query seriously.

if Tiger Woods wins another major....

....golf will be in the best place it has been since i've been alive.

no one -- and i mean no one -- predicted a Mickelson/Woods resurgence for 2018 and beyond. for the past few years, true golf fans have been trying to come to grips with the fact that Lefty and Woody are essentially done and new, younger faces (most of whom i like) are taking over. well, not so fast. out of nowhere, Phil -- at age 47 -- starts playing like he's 25 again, contends, then wins a tournament for the first time since '13. Eldrick hasn't won yet -- with yet being the operative word -- but his arsenal of shots looks eerily similar to the days when he was destroying fields. i guarantee you absolutely no one -- probably including Tiger himself -- saw this coming, especially this quickly. watching those two guys playing formidable golf makes me so happy that i just want to hop into dimeman's lap and watch an entire cowboys game together.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

those two guys playing formidable golf makes me so happy that i just want to hop into dimeman's lap and watch an entire cowboys game together.

Just promise me one thing. I want Pay Per View rights

My people will be in touch with your people

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I think Faldo and Norman are under rated

m

Norman for sure, Faldo...........maybe. Mikkleson hasn't been mentioned he was pretty good.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I watch Woods b/c he puts the cut throat in a prim and proper conservative country club sport......I don't get that from Rory Macaroni or even Jordan Spieth....... Phil "Jack" Mickelson is the only golfer Ill sit down on the couch and watch. This 42 year old Woods is a bit less in your face however. He's a touch bit more humble and seems to really be enjoying the moments. He comes across as a little less cut throat than before he was nailing waitresses from the local Diner. If Woody is playing I'm watching...along with most of you splendid collectors.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

Lee Travino(sp) was pretty good too. And fun to watch.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    I watch Woods b/c he puts the cut throat in a prim and proper conservative country club sport......I don't get that from Rory Macaroni or even Jordan Spieth....... Phil "Jack" Mickelson is the only golfer Ill sit down on the couch and watch. This 42 year old Woods is a bit less in your face however. He's a touch bit more humble and seems to really be enjoying the moments. He comes across as a little less cut throat than before he was nailing waitresses from the local Diner. If Woody is playing I'm watching...along with most of you splendid collectors.

I agree.

Before Tiger's fall from grace, I always watched the golf telecast.

Then when Tiger didn't play, I didn't watch golf.

Last week was the first time I watched a full Sunday's worth of golf TV in many years.

In the past, I told my friends how I wasn't a fan of Tiger Woods, but now I realize I always was and always will be.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

The Mickelson victory was pretty special. Brought back memories for me of Nicklaus in '86.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Lee Travino(sp) was pretty good too. And fun to watch.

My dad was a golf fanatic. His favorite player was "SuperMex"! (Trevino)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2018 6:43AM

Trevino’s nickname should have been SuperTex.

He was born in Dallas

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall Nicklaus making some disparaging remarks about Trevino when he was paired with him. Nicklaus didn't at all like the non-stop mouth and constant banter from Trevino. But Trevino being irrepressible, did it anyway...may have worked to Trevino's advantage, sort of a way to distract or even irritate Nicklaus from totally focusing on the task at hand.

In any event, Jack and Lee did become good friends over the years which was nice to see as both are class acts.

• Options

@stevek ... had a personal experience at a senior event with Lee Trevino several years ago ... he was a very thoughtful, considerate, kind and gracious individual ... left a very good impression indeed.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another great thing about Jack's career 18 Major wins is.....he finished 2nd 19 times. He is the GOAT!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

None of those clowns can touch Vijay Singh , I always played as him in Nintendo golf and won every time. I think we can all agree that the nintendo golf rating is the most important stat out there

• Options

That settles it .. Vijay is/was the GOAT

• Options

Next topic!