Home Q & A Forum
Options

Should I Authenticate?

I have tried to sell this error note in the past, but after getting an offer I realized I couldn't part with it just yet. Would it be in my best interest to get it authenticated even if I end up never selling it? Would it increase in value more so than if I waited to authenticate it in the future?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Save your money. Great error.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do some more research to clarify type of error and scarcity and let us know. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Do some more research to clarify type of error and scarcity and let us know. Peace Roy

It's a Third Print Misaligned Overprint error I believe.

• Options

Now there is a mouthful. I gather the serial number and deal are the 3rd images applied to the paper. Wonder how often that malfunction occurs and if it is detected by a human who stops the printer. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would authenticate it..... after all it is a nice error.

• Options

Go to error-ref.com and the info is there. Bookmark as reference. Peace Roy