Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Removing cards from your registry inventory when you sell

SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought 28 PSA 10 Tony Gwynn cards for my registry sets, from a dealer on ebay. They had, presumably, received the cards on consignment.

Anyway, I got the cards in today's mail. When I went to the registry to put them in my inventory/registry sets, 20 of them can not be updated, as the seller has not removed them from their inventory.

So now, I'm faced with the prospect, and PSA is faced with the prospect, of me having to send front/back scans of 20 cards to them, so that they can do what the previous collector should have done in the first place.

Needless to say, this is complete BS!

People, when you sell a card from your registry inventory, PLEASE REMOVE THE CARD from your inventory IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

You will save a lot of heartburn!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you send removal request emails? If they are all from the same consignor they may quickly remove them when reminded.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:
    Did you send removal request emails? If they are all from the same consignor they may quickly remove them when reminded.

Yes I did. Hopefully, the consigner will follow through quickly, but in my experience, that is very iffy.

Steve

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I hate this also

PSA will make u wait the full days

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

Well, I was able to load the cards early this morning, so the cards' former owner did promptly answer the email in this case.

This is still a reminder for everyone to please remove cards from your inventory once you consign or sell them.

Steve

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2018 5:04AM

Really just a gnat bite...more important things in life to deal with. Sooner or later you'll get to list the cards.

When I make a sale, I have a sequence I follow, and right after I print the shipping label, I delete the card from my inventory.

Sometimes sellers miss a step, I doubt its intentional. I've had the non-delete happen to me, but rarely...yup, had to send in the scans, front and back and wait for PSA to free up the card.

I've also had buyers send in a request to delete to PSA mere minutes after they bought/won the card...mostly West coast sales, where they buy it at say 9PM their time and I'm sleeping in the midnight Eastern time zone. If you live on the East coast, like I do (Atlanta), and you have your sales end at say 8PM East coast time, its only 5PM on the West coast...you may well miss interested buyers. I do Thursday to Thursday, 10PM to 10PM...works for me.

Some people really don't get the time zone difference, just go crazy to list a card.
    You're preaching to a very narrow audience here, but I do get the point.