Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Unlisted Cards?

Hey guys I just got a quick question! Thanks for all your help so far! I’m looking to send in some cards in bulk. These cards have to be less than $100 in determined value, but a couple of these are cards that have never been graded according to the PSA population search, and they do not come up searching in the SMR Price Guide.

I just wondered what would happen if hey determined one was worth more than $100. Would they send it back without grading it, and the cost of grading would just be lost? Or would they not grade them regardless of value because they’re not listed?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The $100 declared value is very loosely enforced and primarily for insurance purposes when shipping back to you. I would think of it as 'raw replacement value' rather than trying to guess what it would be worth graded. I've seen mention on a couple of occasions where a card was valued much higher after grading and PSA contacted the submitter to charge a higher fee for that specific card and clarify how much they want it insured for on the return post grading (a very good problem to have). I've also had cards come back grading much higher than expected (worth over $1k) that there was no additional charge.

As long as PSA grades cards from whatever set they are part of, unlisted cards should not be an issue. If PSA hasn't graded any from a set before, it can be more tricky to get them to recognize.

• Options
    AyydsAyyds Posts: 11

Thank you LarkinCollector that is very helpful information!