Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2018 Topps Heritage "HITS" - NON HOBBY BOXES

GemMintKingGemMintKing Posts: 7
edited February 28, 2018 4:31PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey all,

I just spent over $200 on 6 Target Blaster Boxes (which included coupons for 6 free single packs) and 8 Hanger Boxes and not one card I could honestly call a "HIT". I did not even pull a single Aaron Judge base card or Ohtani RC, not to mention an auto or a relic. I was wondering if anyone else could share their own experiences of ripping retail today. Is there even an Ohtani RC in retail packs? I couldn't get my hands on any hobby today so I ran over to Target to scratch the itch and man am I disappointed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ended up buying 9 blasters at Target last night, a couple single packs and a couple of the $9.99 hanger boxes. I should have stopped after my first trip of only spending $100. Had one blaster where every pack had a purple refractor and one had a black refractor. Got a few chrome, including a Judge numbered/999, one relic, Lorenzo Cain jersey and did get one red/magent back card. No color swap, no Ohtani, no name variations. Two base Judge cards besides the chrome. In all of mine I think I ended up with 27 hi# sp's. Really looking forward to getting the hobby boxes.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Thanks for the feedback. You definitely had some nicer hits than I did and for half the price. Anyway, I'm guessing there aren't any color or name variations in retail either. If someone can confirm this that would be great!

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GemMintKing said:
    You definitely had some nicer hits than I did and for half the price.

Ha! Would have been half the price if I hadn't gone back. Ended up dropping about $250 total. Most of the hits just happen to have come in the first bunch I bought at around $100.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

No ohtani, color swap, in action or throwback in retail . I bought 8 blasters and 6 hangers from target , 2 fat packs to rip tonight. I know hobby is the best but I had the itch too

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • What a gyp not putting an Ohtani base RC in retail.

• OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

How do guys feel about Gold refractors and the potential upside....are they compelling to you?

• minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 9:49PM

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I ended up buying 9 blasters at Target last night, a couple single packs and a couple of the $9.99 hanger boxes. I should have stopped after my first trip of only spending $100. Had one blaster where every pack had a purple refractor and one had a black refractor. Got a few chrome, including a Judge numbered/999, one relic, Lorenzo Cain jersey and did get one red/magent back card. No color swap, no Ohtani, no name variations. Two base Judge cards besides the chrome. In all of mine I think I ended up with 27 hi# sp's. Really looking forward to getting the hobby boxes.

Let me know if the Lorenzo Cain is available for sale. Sad that he left my Royals and is a Brewer now. And other Royals?

• I have always stayed away from refractors but there is definitely a collectors market for them with high upside if you can get them graded PSA 10. Just seems like such a tough card to grade.

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Bought my very first 19.99 box at Target. Pulled this plus a chrome Posey. I think I'll just stop!

Matt

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've opened 4 blasters and no Ohtani?

That's "not" good business.

I did pull this Trout out of the stream!

I also posted it on another heritage thread.

Mike
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet pickup Mike! Pulled it out of the stream :D