Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Calling Experts on 1979-80 OPC Gretzky RCs

I am doing some research on Ebay and notice many are O/C. Does finding a nicely centered PSA 6 add a high premium? If so, what premium would a centered PSA 6 add to typical O/C PSA 6? Thanks in advance!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2018 9:19PM

I would put centering to have as much of a premium as any other vintage card. It looks as if there are quite a few less than stellar examples on the bay right now, be patient and the right one will come along. Two other variables that I look at are first print run and centering of the oil drop. For example, this listing looks to have all the above though it is still overpriced and you can barely see the blue line with the bad scan

https://ebay.com/itm/1979-WAYNE-GRETZKY-18-OPC-PSA7-NEAR-MINT-SHARP/222852756986?epid=159274239&hash=item33e30f35fa:g:FCkAAOSwLJ9aGNYD

On the other hand, here is a higher grade while centered, the oil drop being o/c detracts from the overall eye appeal. Plus, it is not from the first print run(absence of the blue lines on the back). Once you see one with the oil drop centered, there is no going back!

• Options

Thanks for the great info, Jason!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.