Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Favor: Quick opinions on this 71 Munson OPC PSA 8

Been waiting to find the card is Topps 8 issue, but this one may be but more affordable. Left to Right aint great, and has snow, but the corners seem nice and I am sucker for the rough cuts...

Any quick opinions are really appreciated.....

Steve

Comments

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2018 5:16PM

I'd bite on it .... OPC is less expensive and sought after outside of Hockey....but what happens when the day comes and these days usually do ...when what was "out of favor" is all of a sudden "in favor" and then all the PSA 9 Mint and even Gem Mint 10 OPC 71's I never bid on b/c "nobody" wanted 'em make me feel suicidal for not biting my tongue and throwing them in the safe. For a '71 that centering is better than fine...... and I love the back design of the '71 OPC better than the Topps.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that it's really nice. L-R centering is fine. Tough to get a '71 Munson with better centering than that one.

Daniel
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say go for it. Nice looking card.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice example.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Did you get it, Steve? Nice card. I was one of the underbidders, and was surprised to see it go for more than some of the recent Topps version's sales. OPC sold for $2025, while the last few recent Topps sales were between $1750 and $1900.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys - I naively thought it would go for much less. I was an underbidder as well.....It was worth ~$1500 to me, but do hope the winner enjoys it.

There is a Topps 9 OC on the Bay as well, but the centering doesn't work for me. And the right edge in the background of the pic had me fooled at first look.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2018 5:37AM

Here's a Munson on ebay as we speak.....PSA 9 MINT O/C asking $999.00 ~ I really like this card! ENJOY! I think this Munson is the kind of card that draws enough attention that it reduces the O/C stigma to a good degree...b/c I would consider purchasing this card and I stay away from o/c cards like the plague... what do you think?

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were smart to scan it with a black background, which produces the illusion that the OC will be less of an eyesore. Just my opinion, but I don't think the flaw will be as forgivable in hand.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    They were smart to scan it with a black background, which produces the illusion that the OC will be less of an eyesore. Just my opinion, but I don't think the flaw will be as forgivable in hand.

Totally agree with countdouglas.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1...

I like my 2 7's much better....but it is a "rare" grade for the card.