Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post the nicest PSA 7 you've ever seen (or owned)

ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
edited February 23, 2018 4:10PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

This one takes the cake for me. Who's next ?

Comments

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is mine, the foil surface is nearly scuff free and is indistinguishable between it and my PSA 8. corner wear did it in. I paid more for this 7 than other listed because of its near perfect foil surface.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

• Options

Sweet cards all around. Those 61s are tough to find with high eye appeal, due to centering and PD issues. That's a beaut.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

One more centered 7

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

Nice cards!

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

This would be the best one I have.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2018 7:47AM

Matt...beautiful color and registration on the '57 Mantle. Centered as well...bump candidate to a 7.5!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

Always thought these were pretty sharp.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

1964 Maris is one of my favorite cards, I've always been fond of this copy, never felt the need to upgrade

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this is the only 7 I own - all of my other grades are either 8/8.5’s or PSA 4’s - 6.5’s.

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2018 12:19PM

@orioles93 said:
    I couldn't pick just one so I'll post my three favorite PSA 7s.

SWEET Palmer. That is one of those baseball cards where it all just came together; the blurry background, the blue and the green, the way his eyes match the sky. Just a great looking baseball card. The player himself wasn't too shabby, either. Nasty stats.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭

@DM23HOF said:

SWEET Palmer. That is one of those baseball cards where it all just came together; the blurry background, the blue and the green, the way his eyes match the sky. Just a great looking baseball card. The player himself wasn't too shabby, either. Nasty stats.

Looks like old Baltimore stadium in the background. Just by looking at the outfield stands. I don't believe they were seats. They were like football stands ?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every card in this thread is undergraded. These have been fun to look at.

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I’d be thrilled to own any of these beauties.

The old adage applies.....buy the card......

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

That '62 Killebrew is the most undergraded card I've seen in years!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this one to.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately had to sell many of my '51 panels but held onto this one. Nice cards everyone.

• Options

@mintonlypls said:
    Matt...beautiful color and registration on the '57 Mantle. Centered as well...bump candidate to a 7.5!

Thanks Monte, I’ve been looking for a nice 57 for a long time. I wish I knew how to put a scan into these threads, I only know how to attach them.

Matt
  • Options

There are some amazing cards being shown. Everyone has such a strong eye these days! Wow

Matt
  • Options

Matt..I save a scan to my desktop...then click and drag the scan from my desktop to the comment window in CU. It will show up as characters after clicking and dragging to the window...but after posting comment...you have your scanned image on the board.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2018 7:27AM

Let’s see if this works!

Matt
  • Options

Thanks Monte for the help!

Matt
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is one I like. It’s up for sale not mine.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2018 11:32AM

My 1969 Nolan Ryan, 1962 Lou Brock, and 1966 Gale Sayers come to mind.

• Options

There must have been some graders that woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SOM said:
    That '62 Killebrew is the most undergraded card I've seen in years!

Thanks, I have an 8 in my set and this one looks better. 9's are rare in this year. I figured another 8 would be as low as this card would grade.

WOW!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

Man these are all very nice cards. IMO I think three are under graded and the rest are correctly graded. The Killebrew is a great card but honestly I see why they gave it a 7. Looks like surface wear on the card along with print defects. The centering and corners are 9 quality. The 64 Rose, Munson, 55Mays and Jeter are the cards I would have an issue with being in a PSA 7 holder. But all of these cards are extremely high end for sure.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    No longer own it, but nicest i have ever possessed.

Wow, you must have cringed a little when someone got that one away from you.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Allen said:

@HighGradeLegends said:
    No longer own it, but nicest i have ever possessed.

Wow, you must have cringed a little when someone got that one away from you.

5 years from now I will regret it

• Options

Funny thing is I don’t do 7’s. I try to find 4’s/5’s that look like 8’s but have a small flaw or crease, 6.5’s since they look like 8’s sometimes from a centering perspective, and 8’s and 8.5’s for high end cards.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Totally agree on the technique, however sometimes a 7 to 7.5 can be the best of both worlds.

@KendallCat said:
    Funny thing is I don’t do 7’s. I try to find 4’s/5’s that look like 8’s but have a small flaw or crease, 6.5’s since they look like 8’s sometimes from a centering perspective, and 8’s and 8.5’s for high end cards.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2018 4:45PM

@1954 said:
    Man these are all very nice cards. IMO I think three are under graded and the rest are correctly graded. The Killebrew is a great card but honestly I see why they gave it a 7. Looks like surface wear on the card along with print defects. The centering and corners are 9 quality. The 64 Rose, Munson, 55Mays and Jeter are the cards I would have an issue with being in a PSA 7 holder. But all of these cards are extremely high end for sure.

62 Killebrew;

Print defects.....yes. Surface problems........none. My 66 Killer is a 9 with a big ugly print blob.

Maybe never get a 8.5 or 9 but that Killebrew is too nice to be a 7.

Rose and Munson certainly are undergraded, harder to tell on the Mays, the scan looks a little blurry to me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2018 5:15PM

delete

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

here's one i was thinking about trying to bump; any opinions?

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

@Dand522612 said:
    Totally agree on the technique, however sometimes a 7 to 7.5 can be the best of both worlds.

@KendallCat said:

For some reason my eye does not do well with 7/7.5’s. I think I do better in the 4/5 range and 6.5 range.

• Options
    LargentcollectorLargentcollector Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I just picked up a PSA 7 card I have had in my watch list for 5 or 6 months, but I'll post my in hand favorites.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim