Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinion on grade

I am planning on submitting some cards for grading and was wondering what everyone thought they might get. I am new to this so I am hoping to get some feedback before I send the cards in. The scans are the best I can provide so I am sorry if they aren't perfect.

Comments

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Nice Hank 6.5? The other 2 I'd say 7 or 8. Others are better at this than me so hopefully they'll chime in.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cards present well. Aaron 7-7.5 on a good day, top corners look a bit soft. Miller and Hadley look about a grade higher?

The Miller card looks especially nice!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018 10:00AM

6, 9 and 8

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

Will the angled cut on the top left hand corner of the Aaron deter from the grade?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

7, 8.5, 8

• Options

I was hoping at least a 6 on the Aaron. I know the centering isn't perfect but it should be with in the requirements for a 6. I was hoping on a good day it might get a 7. The other two I am not as sure about getting graded. They really need to grade as 8 or higher to make it worth my while. I feel like the Miller has a pretty good chance. Thanks for your thoughts. I may post some more later today.

• Options

@Jayhock said:
    I was hoping at least a 6 on the Aaron. I know the centering isn't perfect but it should be with in the requirements for a 6. I was hoping on a good day it might get a 7.

That centering is no worse than 60/40, which is excellent. The centering isn't affecting the grade. The corners are the issue between a 6 and a 7. Without the corner issues, its an 8 all day long.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options

So here is another one I am considering. Thanks everyone for input. It really helps to have others look at my cards.

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

The Aaron might be a no holder miscut, unless that's just the angle of the pic.

• Options

So I have never noticed that about that card. Is that something that happened back when the cards were made or do this mean it is a card that might have been tampered with? These were my dad's cards and so I don't really know much about them.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

5, 7, 7, 6.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Jayhock said:
    So I have never noticed that about that card. Is that something that happened back when the cards were made or do this mean it is a card that might have been tampered with? These were my dad's cards and so I don't really know much about them.

Factory miscuts happened all the time. I have several that were my dad's that are like that. I doubt it's been trimmed since the corner wear is very consistent.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Nice. 6, 8, 8, 8

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Nobody thinks the Aaron is trimmed EOT? Those bat ear curved top corners from the side look wierd/unnatural. The others you might want to look at pop report my guess is even if they were to get 8s might not be worth the grading fees, etc.

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

I agree that the Aaron is miscut and will not be holdered.

Matt

• Options

@Mintacular said:
    Nobody thinks the Aaron is trimmed EOT? Those bat ear curved top corners from the side look wierd/unnatural. The others you might want to look at pop report my guess is even if they were to get 8s might not be worth the grading fees, etc.

It's possible, but if I was betting on it I'd say miscut. I've got a few that look similar and are definitely not trimmed.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batpig said:

@Mintacular said:

It's possible, but if I was betting on it I'd say miscut. I've got a few that look similar and are definitely not trimmed.

Scans sometimes distort a cards appearance.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Yeah it is much worse in the scan then in person. I have shown that card to several dealers to get feedback on it and learn about the industry and not a single one of them noticed it. I see it now that it is pointed out to me but I had not noticed until now. I won't submit this one for grading and will likely just sell it raw. I have not trimmed it and I can not imagine my dad did. He did buy some cards later in his life to fill in his sets. This may have been one I am not sure so there is the chance he bought a trimmed card with out knowing it. Anyway. Thanks for the input everyone. I am now just waiting on my first submission of 6 cards to PSA. They received them on 2/5 and still not logged. Oh well I will just wait.