Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Busted 2 More Boxes - ‘80 & ‘82 Topps...Any Thoughts On These

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful cards! Ripken rookie a bit off-center to the top?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    AshleyBrownAshleyBrown Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018 7:17AM

@JoeBanzai - It is a little. Just wondering if you guys thought these were worth sending in for grading. The last box of 1980 Topps I did not pull anything worth sending in. I was hoping for some input on these. I have about 30-35 cards between the two boxes that I was considering.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Love the jailhouse recreation yard uniforms of the cubs with Reuschel..... they should bring those back a couple times a year ....Alcatraz stripes and all.

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

They are nice!..But I would think PSA9's on most would be a break even for these (with the exception of the Ripken) when it comes to costs...A Ripken PSA 8 is between 20 to 30, I'm not sure if your's would be any higher,but if these are PC's, then go for it!..Those costs don't count! :) that's what is hard with the 80's stuff, only a few really are worth it, unless you find that every card is perfect corners, and 50/50 centering unfortunately...That is the gamble you take..But good luck and thanks for ripping!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options

@tbonewilly - Thanks for the info. Some of the star cards I may grade anyway because it is nice to have them in a holder. The Reuschel is a Zero Pop (0/64 Graded), but I know it is not a 10. Also, we busted two boxes of 1980, so I could always put a nice set together.

• Options

Print dots on the Reuschel and Carter will hold those back but they are beauts. The Ripken is a beaut too and I'd submit it all day every day. But then again, I submit cards even when I shouldn't and I get hammered like I should. :)

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

i want to buy the 1980 MAnnny Sanguillen !!!!