Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Are all 2017 American Eagles minted at Philadelphia mint labeled with 2017-P

I am looking at some 2017 American Eagles Advertised as Minted from Philadelphia Mint. The coins label has 2017 not 2017-P. They say that they can have either 2017 or 2017-P labels

Answers

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2018 10:26PM

Can you post a picture of them and buyer beware?

First everything I posted is my opinion. I am just a single new collector with limited knowledge. There are much more knowledgeable collectors here and if they correct or expand on this subject go for it. I personally would not buy one without the label of P because how do your proove it? You cant its the same as they are telling you about no mint marks. You would have to say the same thing when you go to sell them. The picture below is the type of coin I have. Its not the exact one but similar in every way.

They have to be Labeled with a P because there is NO P mark on the coin. They are bullion coin that have NO mint mark but are identified by outside labels on the Green Monster box. There is a big write up on these and your taking a risk because your going to pay more money as they NO longer make them. If the bottom falls then all your got is 1 Ounce of Silver bullion coins worth 1 Ounce depending on the price of Silver. Here is a picture of the one's I have, and I wont share the amount I paid cause I don't want to get bullied here.

Here is the link about the Bullion coins and mint marks. If you search you will find about 4 to 6 articles on this. This is just one of them.
    https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/2015/02/silver-eagle-bullion-coin-production-includes-philadelphia-mint.html