Home Sports Talk

Daytona 500, 2018

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good race today. Lots of action. No one hurt. Surprised with the results. 40-1 longshot Austin Dillon the victor. He was in a car numbered after Dale Srs'. car #3. 20 years on since Dale Sr. won his only 500. None of the "notable" drivers figured in the results. Danica crashed and did not finish. Peyton Manning drove the pace car. With Nascar underway,can spring be far behind?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Revving up for Indy.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, Daytona is always the first sign post that says "Spring Ahead".

I'm making the prediction that NASCAR will rebound slightly from its lack of interest shown over the last several years.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sparky64 said:
    For me, Daytona is always the first sign post that says "Spring Ahead".

I'm making the prediction that NASCAR will rebound slightly from its lack of interest shown over the last several years.

NASCAR is hoping for the same. With the influx of some new "young guns" NASCAR hopes to entice new viewer blood.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".