Home Q & A Forum
Options

American eagle silver dollars

Hello, I was hoping that someone might be able to help share some information regarding these coins that I have. I.have found conflicting information online so I'm sharing these photos of the coins in question. I know one has rainbow toning I believe it's called, and this one is dated 1989 and I have taken pictures in different light so you are able to really see the beautiful colors in this coin. The second one is dated 1999.
![](https://us.v-
cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/wr/3pnemroq5kwh.jpeg "")

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK. Did you have a question? Both are toned and one was "colorized" by someone - not the U.S Mint.

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    OK. Did you have a question? Both are toned and one was "colorized" by someone - not the U.S Mint.

So m question was if anyone had more information onghe.m, ie worth, minted? And the rainbow one was not colorized by anyone, it has been I. My grandfather's collection forever and recently passed. That is the natural color the coin has obtained over the years.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one with the painted lady is just a silver trinket. Go on the internet to see what they sell for. The people I know soak the color off. The toned coin is nice. Have no idea what it is worth to a collector. Someone here may.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have purchased both painted and artificially toned just like what you have posted here. I was almost always able to get them a dollar or two under silver spot. I soak them immediately to get the paint and toning off then they go in a mixed date silver eagle roll. I stack more than collect so don't really worry about the dip, not that 99.5% would notice anyway.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.