Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Team ball signatures team?

Hi can i get help on team name and what to sell it for? Thx deb

Comments

• TrevTrev Posts: 333 ✭✭✭

I see Rocky Bridges and possibly Jeffrey Leonard. If others chime in with some names we should be able to narrow down a team and/or year.

Trev

eBay - trevordoveyauctions
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭

Just google what you know.
    then detective work

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I saw David Green and Manny Trillo as well. Agree with Rocky Bridges and Jeffrey Leonard. Green, Trillo and Leonard were players on the 1985 SF Giants team. Bridges was a coach for that team so I'd say you are looking at a 1985 Giants team ball.

Daniel
  • TrevTrev Posts: 333 ✭✭✭

I now see Scott Garrelts as well. I agree with Daniel, this is likely a circa 1985 SF Giants ball. Curious about this one though:

eBay - trevordoveyauctions
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Sadaharu Oh?? :D

• Thxs

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2018 8:31PM

I see Vida Blue (central autograph in picture #3), Atlee Hammacker (2nd autograph below the "RO-N"), Joel Youngblood (below Jeff Leonard), and Doug Gwosdz (above the Japanese looking signature).

Interestingly, Gwosdz (pronounced Goosh, nickname was "Eyechart") was drafted in Dec 1984 by the Giants (after spending 4 years with the Padres). He was granted free agency in Oct 1985, having never played for the Giants (he spent the entire 1985 season in AAA at Phoenix. Based on that, I'd say the ball was probably signed during Spring Training.

Steve

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

I see Chill Davis too, definitely a Giants ball
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Thank you everybody. And very interesting. So anybody like to buy it before I do ebay for $50. Or would I lose $80.000. Haha.