Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH or swap: (3) attractively toned medieval coins, including two hammered gold pieces

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turkey (Seljuks of Rûm): silver dirham of Kaykhusraw II; lion & sun, AH 638 (1240-1241)

Ex-Alibaba Coins, through VCoins.com, 6/24/2017. Asking $120. The coin is raw and inexplicably is not considered an eligible type by either PCGS or NGC- too esoteric for them, apparently- though PCGS has certified some Seljuk gold. Odd, considering this is quite a popular type. For the grade, this is the most eye appealing example I have seen, and I have not seen the little crescent moon (control mark?) to the left of the sunface on any other examples.

Netherlands (Gelderland): "St. John" goldgulden (florin) of Arnold van Egmond, ca. 1423-1472

Ex- Ex-Hans Verschoor (Netherlands), from his rondomons.nl website, 10/21/2014. Formerly PCGS cert. # 32089335 (Genuine, XF details, "filed rims"- I don't see it.) There is a TrueView on the cert page but the coin is no longer encapsulated. The strike and handsome contrasting toning make this coin the best looking example of the type I have seen for the grade (and even more eye appealing than some higher grade ones). Asking $665 or best reasonable offer (I have $722.22 in it.) *** SOLD ***

Belgium (Brabant): gold Carolus d’or (florin) of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, ca. 1521-1545

Delmonte-101, gold, 23 mm. Ex-Numiscorner (Comptoir des Monnaies, France), through VCoins store, 11/18/2016. Formerly PCGS cert. # 85188589 (Genuine, VF details, "mount removed" - which seems plausible but the traces aren't very noticeable visually.) Nice contrasting toning and a neat design. There is a TrueView on the cert page but the coin is no longer encapsulated (the PCGS label will be included, however). Asking $475 (I have $497.52 in it.)

I'll also listen to trade offers of other eye-appealing medieval or World or US or Ancient coins that would fit into my Eclectic Box. That does mean that whatever you offer me has to be either PCGS or NGC certified, or eligible for certification. High quality photos of your swap offers are a must.

Like this stuff? Have something to swap for one or more of them that you think might work in my set? Let's discuss. I don't mind talking about potential trades, even if no deal ends up happening.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments