Home Sports Talk
Options

How do you enjoy your sporting event ?

ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭

1- Do you prefer at the stadium or at home ?

2- Big screen or hand held device ?

3- Alcoholic beverage or non-alcoholic ?

4- Surround sound, or basic sound ?

5- Mute commercials, or sound ?

6- Giving the finger to Joe Buck, or just tolerating him ?

7- By yourself, or with friends ?

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Home. Occasional trip to the stadium more of a social event.
    2. Big screen. No contest
    3. Non- alcoholic (unless you consider Bud Lite as alcohol.)
    4. Basic is fine.
    5. sound
    6. I have no problem with Buck
    7. Either
    8. What did I win?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Home (no contest) you couldn't pay me to endure going to a crowded stadium.
    2. Big screen (65 in. or bigger) again if I had to watch on hand held.....just shoot me!
    3. Soda or wine.
    4. Basic is fine.
    5. Sound
    6. I have no problem with Buck.
    7. Me and the wife and pup dogs. Actually only 1 pup dog now. I lost little Rebecca and she was a die hard Cowboy fan!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

1- stadium or at home. Both.

2- I live in So Cal and I have a giant outdoor TV. I watch from the pool. That’s my jam

3- Tequila and fresh limes from the tree

4- Surround sound,

5- Full on commercials

6- Giving the finger to Joe Buck. Yes. He is muted. I find him VERY annoying

7- By myself. I’m a yeller

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 Home, will never go to another game at the stadium.

2 Big screen.

3 I gave up alcohol.

4 Surround but regular is ok

5 Mute the annoying ones (most are annoying)

6 He is a moron, I miss the old school guys, even Frank Gifford was better than Joe.

7 My son comes over, that's the best thing about the game!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like attending a live event. If the seats are decent.

Otherwise I don't have the patience foe 4 hours of TV so I pop it on the radio and kibbutz on the computer.

Don't drink too often.

Friends: More fun to watch presidential debates with them as the arguments are more intense.

Did I miss anything?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018 6:36PM

I enjoy watching the game in my downstairs lair. TV, Couch, Fridge, Peace and Quiet and Im all the way good. Sometimes Beer sometimes scotch sometimes no alcohol. Large TV no surround sound, Joe Buck either way, i step away during commercials and can enjoy it with friends or by myself don’t care.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I enjoy watching the game in my downstairs lair. TV, Couch, Fridge, Peace and Quiet and Im all the way good. Sometimes Beer sometimes scotch sometimes no alcohol. Large TV no surround sound, Joe Buck either way, i step away during commercials and can enjoy it with friends or by myself don’t care.

Last Sunday might have been a good time to mix the scotch with the beer.

;)

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Home. Air conditioned, no $8 hot dogs, no line to bathroom, etc.

Have and use both. I will have both on at the same time with different sports from time to time.

I don't drink alcohol.

Regular sound.

Commercials on but rarely paid any attention to.

He does not do the sports I watch so irrelevant.

Usually by myself or with my mom, who might be more of a sports fan than I am and got me into most of the sports I watch.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018 8:06PM

Stadium a few times a year
    Big screen and bevies the rest
    friends or solo, too old to not enjoy it either way

Our only hockey left in Atlanta, last Sat, we got killed 6-0

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I must have missed 60 Minutes...what has Joe Buck done to deserve his Anti-Christ Status? Is he too ....what?

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Home...not a Braves fan, (I live about 80 miles east of Atlanta) but do try to catch a Red Sox game if they're here. Traffic is horrific.
    2. The 65inch works nicely. My neighbor has a 10 FOOT wide projection, 4k, jaw-dropping setup...uber man cave stuff. You can feel the base rumble through your theater seat.
    3. Diet pepsi...I must not have the beer gene in me, 3 of those and I'm gone, while my friend can pound them away.
    4. SONOS surround...killer.
    5. Mute the nonsense.
    6. Got no issue with Joe.
    7. With the wife.
    8. Parking is free, no ticket cost, food is great, I own the porcelain and the clicker.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    I must have missed 60 Minutes...what has Joe Buck done to deserve his Anti-Christ Status? Is he too ....what?

I wouldn't say Anti-Christ by any means, but I find myself objecting to his comments several times a game.

For example; he was going on and on about a team with injury problems that was playing the Vikings this year, never bothering to mention that the Vikes lost both their starting QB and best RB to injury.

The other thing that irritates me is that he seems to get on a point about the team he "likes" and pound it into the ground on it's importance and if the game goes the other way he completely switches gears and raves about other team.

He's really not THAT bad, but I was spoiled on some great announcers growing up. Guys that did more calling of the game than sharing their opinions.

Jack was a good example.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set