Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

FUN and NYINC 2019 dates overlap again

For those dealers who try to go to both, how will you manage it?

I know this impacts NEN, CRO, Lustig who have had tables at both for the past couple of years.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess they brought in the dates from the end of January.

I heard from well-placed sources that the Grand Hyatt will be demolished once the new One Vanderbilt skyscraper is completed in 2020. So much for the longevity of the new venue.

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    I guess they brought in the dates from the end of January.

I heard from well-placed sources that the Grand Hyatt will be demolished once the new One Vanderbilt skyscraper is completed in 2020. So much for the longevity of the new venue.

The hotel was renovated in 2011. From wikipedia:

"It was completely renovated in 2011, at a cost of $130 million, at which point the 1980s modern interiors were removed."

130mm for only 9 years???

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I will have to figure something out now. I'm leaning toward maybe scrapping FUN for 1 year and doing Long Beach instead. I can always get a table at FUN. I'm not sure about NYINC's table availability going forward.

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little birdie told me that the FUN show will be in Orlando for the next few years and that some of the halls in Orlando are not as large as the single hall in Tampa the last time. Space may be limited.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would the reasoning be for demolishing the Hyatt? Is it just about bigger, newer and... Well... I dunno... Keeping up appearances?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll definitely take my table for NYINC, and I'll probably take a day trip to FL on Wednesday for set-up.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.