Gronk retiring to be an actor?

erikthredderikthredd Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
edited February 7, 2018 3:45PM in Sports Talk

Supposedly Gronk got advice from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson & Sylvester Stallone that he could have a career acting in action films and Rob is debating retirement.
http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/gronk-considering-retirement-move-to-hollywood/article_9d15f03a-0baa-11e8-a837-dffd8bd68e59.html

Eric

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Well, I hope he's better at acting than he is with stand up comedy :o

Daniel
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    Well, I hope he's better at acting than he is with stand up comedy :o

There are rumors saying he might even try a career wrestling in the WWE.

Eric

• stevekstevek Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭

There can be all sorts of rumors about anything these days, but Gronkowski is not going anywhere. He will be with the Patriots for the coming season.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

With all the injuries he has had, he'd be smart to consider retirement.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 72.34% Complete)

Ungraded Baseball Rookies (Current Count: 1,220 Different Rookie Cards)
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018 5:43PM

@stevek said:
    There can be all sorts of rumors about anything these days, but Gronkowski is not going anywhere. He will be with the Patriots for the coming season.

Its getting mentioned that this might be Gronk's way of asking for more money. NE reworked his contract not to long ago making it mostly incentive based because of his injury history.

Eric

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭

I don't believe it . I saw the interview and to me it looked like the reporter telling Gronk or asking him I should say was the first he heard about it and he wasn't sure what was going on.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭

I definitely believe Gronk will have a lucrative future after the NFL but I don’t think he walks away now, the kid has fun playing outside of the injuries. I couldn’t imagine him not having friendly pressure from Brady and a few other teammates asking him to stay with them for another run at it. I could see the Pats doing another incentive laden contract based on Stats and not snaps played, basically them offering him something that won’t take such a huge toll on his body.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

After his concussions, can only hope he has his senses about him, down the road after football.

When the lady was asked "Why she kissed the cow" she responded "It's all a matter of opinion". "Everyone is equal,some are more equal than others"."Hey Fritz,keep your finger off the scale".
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a really dumb move!

All Dimes All Varieties

Canadian Dimes Set

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<

I think its just contract leverage. He wants more do re mi . What is he the 5th highest paid tight end? He is better than the 4 guys that make more money

@bronco2078 said:
    I think its just contract leverage. He wants more do re mi . What is he the 5th highest paid tight end? He is better than the 4 guys that make more money

Gronk should try to do whatever he can to make the money now.

I mean how many football players have ever become successful actors? Off the cuff, only Jim Brown comes to mind who starred in a number of top movies. For example, Brown was great in the Dirty Dozen, a war movie classic.

Yea sure, some others were in a few films, but I wouldn't call that having a successful acting career.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭

OJs was pretty successful, until the incident.

@LarkinCollector said:
    OJs was pretty successful, until the incident.

OJ came to mind, but other than the Naked Gun, I couldn't think of any other movies he was in. Of course he was on Monday Night Football for a few years and also did those Hertz commercials.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there's plenty of actors who'd be pretty happy with a main role in a three movie franchise and consider it a successful career. It actually shocked me when I looked up how many other TV series and movies he'd appeared in. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson#Acting_career

@LarkinCollector said:
    I'm sure there's plenty of actors who'd be pretty happy with a main role in a three movie franchise and consider it a successful career. It actually shocked me when I looked up how many other TV series and movies he'd appeared in. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson#Acting_career

When Simpson wasn't butchering and robbing people, he was a personable guy. LOL

edited February 13, 2018 5:05PM

@stevek said:

@LarkinCollector said:

When Simpson wasn't butchering and robbing people, he was a personable guy. LOL

So there's that , I mean he had that going for him anyway

Some of the naked gun movies were funny. I seem to remember OJ strapped to a wheelchair bouncing down the steps on the upper deck of some ballpark and then flying over the railing, it was probably an OJ dummy though

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad O.J. went off the deep end ..... he was a nice guy until then. ;)
    Maybe that incident in the wheelchair messed him up! :o

All Dimes All Varieties

Canadian Dimes Set

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
    edited February 13, 2018 5:55PM

heres the wheelchair scene

bonus content !!!!! german dubbed OJ

• BrickBrick Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I believe Reggie Jackson was in that one as well.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018 10:34AM

OJ was always a bit on the creepy side

m

Walker Proof Digital Album

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

I think the older lady on the left of the screen is Mrs Soprano.