Home Sports Talk
Options

Josh McDaniels staying

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Josh McDaniels has decided not to take the Colts job. I figured he was gone, maybe he wants one more run with Brady or Belichek might be stepping down sooner than later? Interesting off season has begun

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Looks like he will be the Pat’s New head coach sooner then later

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the Giants should have waited to name their new head coach..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Nothing like a good double cross...thats what makes NFL EGO's so enjoyable.....

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Yep. Looks like he will be the Pat’s New head coach sooner then later

m

I hope Josh McDaniels is not that bearded fool in red directing that brilliant defense against Philly in the SB! ;)

• Options

I’m hearing Jonathan Kraft is getting more involved and his relationship with Belichek is not all that great especially over the Jimmy G trade. I heard Jonathan told Bill to trade him and he purposely sent him to SF for just that one pick to spite him. I 100% believe that Belichek would do that

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I’m hearing Jonathan Kraft is getting more involved and his relationship with Belichek is not all that great especially over the Jimmy G trade. I heard Jonathan told Bill to trade him and he purposely sent him to SF for just that one pick to spite him. I 100% believe that Belichek would do that

I wouldn't put it past Bill doing that too. I do think that now that McDaniels is staying long enough to take over for BB,he might have more input into the next young QB they draft. It will basically be his guy learning behind Brady until Tom retires.
    Josh staying in NE is huge for this team going forward.

• Options

100% agreed, really Josh McDaniels is the best future for the franchise

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe he doesn't want to get fired again as a head coach. he only lasted 2 years in Denver as a head coach

• Options

not playing Malcolm Butler wasn't a smart idea. he owes pat's nation a explanation on why he didn't play, they probably would of won the game if he played

• Options

his replacement got burned several times

• Options
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

McDaniels staying is huge for the Pats. Baring Belichick leaving or Brady getting hurt I see a 12-4 season or so. Even if Gronk retires, doubtful IMO, they have shown they can win without him.

Belichick doesn't owe anyone an explanation on Butler. Benching him seemed to cost them the game but who knows. If the Pats D causes some 3 and outs it is possible the Eagles D would have played better as well. Every Pats Super Bowl in the Brady/Belichick era has been close and it would undoubtedly have been close even if Butler played. Sadly the Pats offense couldn't get it done when they were set up to be heroes once again. I don't know a single Pats fan, or almost any NFL fan, that didn't believe Brady was going to march down the field and score a TD on their penultimate possession. They had basically been unstoppable, zero punts, until that drive.

Robb

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018 7:20AM

I think it's time for all Patriot fans to face the truth. they were beaten by a better Team and as difficult as it is to fathom, Belichick was out-coached and Brady was out-played.

it really isn't as bad as it sounds since the game was very close and as entertaining as any Super Bowl I can remember watching. to try to over-analyze things and believe that the outcome would have been different if one player had played is sort of like mental masturbation. I would add that expecting forth-rightness from Belichik is unreasonable. he will go down in history as one of the NFL's best Head Coaches and tacticians, but he also will be remembered as having perhaps the most anal personality of all time, very hard to interview and even harder to understand. he was like that in Cleveland and not much has changed.

• Options

@keets said:
    I think it's time for all Patriot fans to face the truth. they were beaten by a better Team and as difficult as it is to fathom, Belichick was out-coached and Brady was out-played.

dude have you read any of the comments from the Pats fans here since sunday night? We all acknowledged they were outcoached and outplayed by Philly

• Options
    edited February 7, 2018 8:48AM

I was really hoping that any one of McDaniels or Patricia would be the one to eventually replace Belichick and its good to see its McDaniels. Hopefully he gets to find his QB-in-waiting for after Brady.
    I've read reports that Greg Schiano is going to be the new DC in NE but there are rumors saying this might not be true. I'd love to see NE's LB coach Brian Flores get moved up as Patricia's replacement. Many reports had Flores getting consideration for better positions on other teams. Making him the DC should keep him happy in NE.
    The Pats definitely need to rebuild their front 7 on defense because it was horrible all year. I know losing Hightower,McLellin & Vincent Valentine to IR sucked, but they never really replaced Long,Sheard & Ninkovich and it really hurt the defense.
    I'm hoping they go heavy on the OL & DL in the draft along with a CB and a QB to develop. I think NE is set at the skill positions outside of replacing Butler.
    Their biggest free agents are Butler,Solder,Slater,Burkhead & Deion Lewis. Butler's gone & Solder might retire but the last three i can see re-upping in NE. Hopefully thats the case.

EDIT: Greg Schiano just turned down the Pats defensive coordinator job

• Options

dude, yes I have in addition to the ones who want to believe it could have been different if one player had played. or are you so thin skinned that you can't understand that?? it's really simple.

• Options

@keets said:
    dude, yes I have in addition to the ones who want to believe it could have been different if one player had played. or are you so thin skinned that you can't understand that?? it's really simple.

Why is it hard to believe that had one player played it might have been different? Butler was their best defensive player this year,the guy is a recent AllPro cornerback. I've already said that Philly was probably winning that game had Butler played but its not a stretch to think he might have made a difference in the game. Maybe one second half drive ends in 3pts rather than 7 changing the complexion of how the game played out at the end.
    And don't play the "thin skinned" card when you called out Pats fans and one answered.

• Options

OK, erik, you have unwittingly validated my original post, maybe you should argue with yourself. doing that you'll be guaranteed to win.

• Options

@keets said:
    OK, erik, you have unwittingly validated my original post, maybe you should argue with yourself. doing that you'll be guaranteed to win.

Ok ceets, Pats fans can't talk about the SB because they lost. gotcha.
    Its guys like you that take a football conversation off topic and make it about the commentors because you don't like the team they root for yet if anyone but one of your coin buddies comments on your precious Cavs you have a conniption fit..

• Options

Ok ceets

eric(a), now you're validating the "thin skinned" comment, perhaps you should quit while you're behind.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, the Patriots gave us here in COLT'S Land an BIG one finger salute!!!!!!

Not that I wanted the guy anyway,,,,,,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with Dungy here..........

Former Colts head coach Tony Dungy is not a fan of Josh McDaniels.

McDaniels spurned the Colts having already told the team that he’d take their head-coaching job and already told assistant coaches they’d have a job on his staff, and Dungy took to Twitter today to denounce McDaniels’ actions.

“I can tell you there is NO excuse big enough to justify this,” Dungy wrote. “It’s one thing to go back on your word to an organization. But having assistant coaches leave jobs to go with you then leave them out to dry is indefensible.”

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

I agree. when i commented above,thinking it was great McDaniels was coming back to NE i didn't know about the other coaches. Its one thing changing your mind but that was a pretty dk move on McDaniels part regarding the assistants.

• Options
    BGS_BuyerBGS_Buyer Posts: 206 ✭✭
    edited February 8, 2018 9:52AM

Bill & Tom will leave the Pats at the same time
    Bills legacy depends on that
    He cant hang around and never win another Super Bowl
    People will always say it was Tom, not Bill
    If the Pats do win another Super bowl without Bill,
    then it can be said he left behind a solid foundation

Plus, for all the success the Pats have had,
    looks like a lot of BS over there with ownership
    and the marriage is over