Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Bucks 6% to 8% Offer

For the first time in well over a year I received an eBay Bucks promotional offer. 8% Bucks if using the eBay App on your mobile or 6% for non app purchases. No minimum purchase. Ends an midnight tonight.
James

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must've received the training wheels addition. I received 10%/8%

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just happy to get included in one of these after about 2 years.
    James

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Stooge
    You must of received the neonate version. I got 15%

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    I'm just happy to get included in one of these after about 2 years.
    James

It's been that long for me too, but I'm still waiting... :'(

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got another 8% starting today and ending 3/17. This is the 4th or 5th time in the last 2 months.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Got the 8% for buying or selling. First offer in about two years

• Options
    jtala18jtala18 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

It’s funny you guys are saying that it’s your first in a while. It’s my first too in a really long time. I did recently make a phone call to complain. Maybe a new group of people will be getting them
    All the time and some may be starting to get left out. Crazy “random” system they have...

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    You must've received the training wheels addition. I received 10%/8%

I got that one two weeks ago, then the 8% one today.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

I've been getting these almost every two weeks it seems. There is usually a $25/$50 minimum attached to it, but they keep coming over.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Got the 8% for buying or selling. First offer in 17 YEARS, on EBay since 2001

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey Mays said:

How do you get the one for selling??? Mine only says 8% for buying with no minimum.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey Mays said:

I can beat that.

I've been on ebay since February 2000, and to this day, have never received even one ebay bucks special offer.

Steve

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018 5:58PM

Do you need to pay within the offer window or can you pay out of it and still get the 8%? Obviously I would have won the auction during the window.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to pay during the window. I'm not sure if they closed the loophole, but I've won items before the Bucks were active, activated the offer, then paid and got the bonus Bucks.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the 8% for both buying and selling. I have been getting offers on a regular basis for a couple of years.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been getting these offers regularly for years. I'm not sure exactly how eBay determines who gets the coupons, but I've wondered lately if it has something to do with number of times I visit eBay and click on items. Do they have the ability to track number of hits on their site from registered members? I imagine they do, right? I have about 20 different saved searches on eBay and I'm pretty sure I visit eBay 7-10 times a day and check the vast majority of those searches. Plus, I'll click on several items within those searches. If eBay tracks this, they know I'm looking and interested, and they know I'm only an 8% eBay bucks coupon away from pulling the trigger.

So could it be based on number of hits?

Andy

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:
    I've been getting these offers regularly for years. I'm not sure exactly how eBay determines who gets the coupons, but I've wondered lately if it has something to do with number of times I visit eBay and click on items. Do they have the ability to track number of hits on their site from registered members? I imagine they do, right? I have about 20 different saved searches on eBay and I'm pretty sure I visit eBay 7-10 times a day and check the vast majority of those searches. Plus, I'll click on several items within those searches. If eBay tracks this, they know I'm looking and interested, and they know I'm only an 8% eBay bucks coupon away from pulling the trigger.

I’ve thought this too, but have no information to back it up. I’m on eBay daily and usually check multiple times a day to see if anything new has been listed. I’ve been on eBay officially since 2008, and receive every offer. I don’t know how it happens. This past offer, I received the 8% no minimum for buying AND selling, and I hardly if ever sell. Not complaining in the least as I do take advantage of some of the offers, but not all. In the past, I’ve been worried to where if I didn’t activate and use all the offers, they would stop sending them, but so far that hasn’t happened. I wish we could get a definitive answer on this.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gemyanks10 said:
    In the past, I’ve been worried to where if I didn’t activate and use all the offers, they would stop sending them, but so far that hasn’t happened. I wish we could get a definitive answer on this.

Haha I thought I was the only one who thought this! I used to use EVERY % coupon that came my way. But it got to be a bit ridiculous. Now, only use about 1 out of every 4 or so that come my way. The 20% off coupon CANNOT be ignored, though.

Andy

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:

@Gemyanks10 said:
    In the past, I’ve been worried to where if I didn’t activate and use all the offers, they would stop sending them, but so far that hasn’t happened. I wish we could get a definitive answer on this.

Haha I thought I was the only one who thought this! I used to use EVERY % coupon that came my way. But it got to be a bit ridiculous. Now, only use about 1 out of every 4 or so that come my way. The 20% off coupon CANNOT be ignored, though.

Absolutely! I always try to take advantage of the very good ones for sure lol, but I will say to anyone reading that if you stop activating or using every offer that comes your way, at least for me, it hasn’t mattered so far. It’s such a great way to accumulate free eBay bucks though. I know those, as most here know, you have to sign up for.
    I always just try to buy something that “makes sense” for my collection. There isn’t always something I need believe it or not, (I’m kind of a niche collector), so I hate to just buy something to buy it and regret it later if that makes sense lol...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

I only spend my ebay bucks on american silver eagles. I do this because ebay bucks isnt really like "getting money off" the item you buy, so when I look at my silver eagles I know they are all free, and I know how liquid they are to sell, so eventually if/when I sell I actually did get "money off" all those purchases.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:

According to eBay customer service people that get the promotional offers are selected at random. I have been told that 3 or 4 times.
    James

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the offers 100 percent of the time, as well. I'd hardly call that random. Customer service may have told you that 3 or 4 times, but all that means is that they've lied to you 3 or 4 times.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@djr said:
    If you want a greater chance at receiving offers, open multiple eBay accounts. Problem (possibly) solved

This