Home Sports Talk
Options

Boston Red Sox

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Truck day is fast approaching my friends. I always get excited about this after the super bowl has been put in the rear view mirror.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

As always GO SOX !!!

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. The Celtics are in first place, aren't they? There's more immediate ways to get over your NE sports hangovers.

• Options

I hate basketball and hockey does not interest me anymore. Baseball and nascar are my favorite sports to watch.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2018 8:01AM

Well Steve, I hope the season turns out well. I've lost track of players, and would be hard pressed to come up with the starting lineup. The Sox are in Atlanta in September this season, maybe I'll drag a couple of buddies to watch a game in the new stadium here. I'm sure I'll catch a game or two, but not get the package.

You can do the honors to open the 2018 thread.

Al

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I imagine whether to lock up Babe Ruth to a long time contract or use those funds for prospects will be a topic of conversation. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Well, I suppose we could discuss it...in the mean time, I'll make the correction. Good catch.
    Tks :)

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Well Steve, I hope the season turns out well. I've lost track of players, and would be hard pressed to come up with the starting lineup. The Sox are in Atlanta in September this season, maybe I'll drag a couple of buddies to watch a game in the new stadium here. I'm sure I'll catch a game or two, but not get the package.

You can do the honors to open the 2018 thread.

Al

Hi Al,
    Sorry to hear you will not be getting the package this year. You may change your mind as the season progresses if they should happen to come up with a good team. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks so we shall see what they look like shortly. I hope they stay away from J D Martinez as they do not need him in the outfield which is what he wants. I think its traditional for you to open the Sox thread my friend.
    Steve

• Options

Steve,

I hereby pass the baton to you on opening the thread. You can keep us posted on the happenings with the team.

I did make a $100 bet last night with a poker playing friend (who's a Yankee fan :() that the Red Sox would end the season ahead of the Yankees. I also play with an attorney, who professes to be a "big" Red Sox fan, but wears a Yankee jacket from time to time to the club. Go figure???

I'll have to be content with catching the Red Sox as catch can...we are enjoying spending our money on different ventures and plan on doing something every 6 months or so. Going to Southern Italy on April 12th for 14 days...I guess I might miss opening day. Norway is calling, as is French Polynesia and the Eastern Caribbean. Try as I might, the wife is big time down on me having a new corvette, so, it's travelling for us.

Take care,
    Al