Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WANTED: 1972 Topps #50 Willie Mays IA and/or #301 Hank Aaron IA PSA 9

Title says it all.

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2018 12:12PM

There's a dealer at the White Plains show in NY that has a near perfectly centered Mays IA 9, but I never seriously considered it because one of the corners looked touched to me and the price tag was $700+. Not a crazy price but at that price I am hoping for close to perfection.

• Options
    bens4778bens4778 Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

VCP has it at $720, so I guess $700+ isn't too bad. It does look like one could get one between $620-$680 with patience.

I'm sure PWCC will trot one out one of these weeks. Or it will turn up on 4SC website for $1000.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

OK, you made me do it. I hadn't surveyed my IA cards in several years and did not know exactly what I had. They are certainly hard to find centered, as even my Aaron's are a little off. I bought some of these before I got educated by the experts on this board. Below are a few of my favorites.

I was surprised that this Mays hadn't had another BVG 9.5 sale since I purchased in '13. I understand that BVG will slab sheetcut cards, and this one might be one of them, but dam I love the look of this card:

>

The Rose was a certified high end from PWCC. Not that I was looking for that designation, but I really liked the card regardless:

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

Lots of nice cards there... Carew and Barton are probably my favorites; the Barton is probably the best "9" out there.

I do still like my Aaron IA in 8. Resub?

• Options

Just one bump.

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 7:40PM

Posted that I wanted the Mays card on February 8th... Since then, last two have gone for at least $600+ over previous VCP.

Never mind - I loathe these cards, and I do not want them at all. Two of the worst cards in the set, if not the worst.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I hear ya. PWCC has a nice Mays that I would take a run at, but it's already well over recent sales. Oh, it just sold. Hum, top bidder (t***e) has 33 retractions. Dude has more retractions than bids, someone will have to explain that to me.

Wait, what? Same punk also bid up the sale for $2,236 Mays sold previously. I'm grateful for his shilling services, but I dont know whether to thank him or report him.

Yes, give that Aaron a re-sub. T/B is borderline bump, but looks like a solid 9 to me.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.