Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Can anyone help me find this 1913 Un Peso note?

Was at a store earlier and they had a 1913 Un Peso note in uncirculated condition for $35. I tried and tried to look it up online but cannot find anything. This was the same note however the one I saw was Series F not A..... any idea guys?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Uncirculated-El-Estado-de-Sonora-1913-Un-Peso-Note-Series-A/222781164130?hash=item33decaca62:g:70gAAOSwEjFXcTgI

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • lettowlettow Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

It would be listed in the Specialized edition of the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money. The Ebay listing is way overpriced. $35.00 is probably top end for this note.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although there are no prices listed, there's a website on the Sonoran notes that is interesting reading. My dad worked for Universal Studios in the 1970s and has a bunch of "movie money" notes that were basically mocked up by cutting and pasting (the old school way with real scissors and glue) elements of these Sonoran notes and stitching them together before copying them on a Xerox machine.

papermoneyofsonora.com/

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, I bought this one on eBay for $12 a few years ago, so I'd pass on that expensive one you linked.